Lt. Commander
# 21
01-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
The launcher has a logo for Perfect World, but none for Cryptic. And the prominent one on the homepage is Perfect World also. Cryptic's logo is in the footer of the page, along with logos to other companies that have no affiliation with STO, like Alienware and nVidia. It's all very concerning to me.
I don't see Cryptic's logo in the footer. You sure about that?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
I don't see Cryptic's logo in the footer. You sure about that?
In the footer of the homepage, www.startrekonline.com. Not in the launcher...
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
The new launcher looks super bland and makes no mention of Cryptic. Nice....
Yes, and as much as I may criticize them I'm just as equally likely to praise them. Cryptic made this game a reality, and I don't like seeing some company from China coming in and taking over! (Yes, I'm being dramatic -- in this one post, not the entire thread. And only my last sentence; the first sentence is serious, lol...)
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
In the footer of the homepage, www.startrekonline.com. Not in the launcher...
Yep, I misread what you put up there. They definitely do derserve credit for what they've done so far, and Perfect world should have the decency of at least putting their logo on the launcher. That's about as dramatic as I get on launcher debates so don't get expect anymore sympathy Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Will we be required to create a PWE account and link it to our Cryptic account in the future? As mentioned here.
I actually have the opposite question. Is there a way that I can merge my Cryptic account with my PWE account so I only have to remember one username and password? I already have an account for both, and I only came back two days ago for the F2P launch after being gone since release -- I'd just start over on my PWE account since my new character is only level 3, but I don't want to lose access to those preorder goodies I got way back when I started.

The FAQ is less than helpful in answering this question. Are there any plans to merge them in the future, so I can spend PWE zen on my Cryptic account, show my Cryptic achievements on my Core connect page, or are my two accounts going to be separate forever?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-12-2012, 06:32 PM
I just went to StarTrekOnline.com in a browser where I had never visited it before. It brought up the splash screen with a message to register for a PWE Account! It then says, if you already have one, to log in at http://www.perfectworld.com/login. Again, no Cryptic logos anywhere to be found. So I think it's pretty clear where STO is heading. I'm trying to keep a cool head right now, but my instincts feel pretty strongly about this subject, so I'm just going to silence myself for now.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Never mind. I just tried logging in with my PWE account, and it let me merge them together. I just wish the FAQ had mentioned that, rather than acting like it was just an alternate log in option.