Lt. Commander
# 1 What to do with dilithium?
01-12-2012, 07:17 PM
I seem to be building up dilithium and now am faced with the question of what to do with it. I do not need equipment, weapons or the like and cannot buy it for other characters of mine as it binds when I do buy it. So other than building up and selling it for cstore points or whatever I fail to see what use it has at thye end game. Its left me feeling Duty Officer missions and even general missions are redundant now, I would not mind if M.A.C.O or OMEGA stuff could be bought at some higher rate, but you cannot.
So as someone who drifts on and off here I would like to ask what the majority of the community is using the system for? Maybe I can be re-invigorated.....
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Dilithium is now the currency used to purchase new ships (after your 'free' one, if you are a subscriber). It can also be used to buy certain duty officers. So if you don't want any of that, save it up and buy C-Points with it.

You can also use dilithium to buy crafting materials at Memory Alpha, and sell the crafted items on the market.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
Dilithium is now the currency used to purchase new ships (after your 'free' one, if you are a subscriber). It can also be used to buy certain duty officers. So if you don't want any of that, save it up and buy C-Points with it.

You can also use dilithium to buy crafting materials at Memory Alpha, and sell the crafted items on the market.
I've gotten obsessed with the idea of collecting all the applicable +1 consoles for my chars.
Its more my small revenge than anything; by not burning off my stipend, but rather spending and supplementing it, I am helping to deprive the exchange market of something Cryptic was likely counting on; subbers spending stipends for dil.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I've gotten obsessed with the idea of collecting all the applicable +1 consoles for my chars.
Its more my small revenge than anything; by not burning off my stipend, but rather spending and supplementing it, I am helping to deprive the exchange market of something Cryptic was likely counting on; subbers spending stipends for dil.
When you give away C-Points, to trade for Dilithium, yes, there is a bleed-off. STO makes money every time this happens, because some of the dilithium just vanishes. If you want to trade your dilithium for C-Points, I'm sure they make a little, but probably not nearly as much, so yeah. I may do that, after my KDF character gets his Negh'var.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Using the Dilithium Exchange does not hurt Cryptic in the slightest. Every C-Point being traded there has been purchased by other players. Every Dilithium Crystal being traded there has been obtained by other players too.

Remember F2P = Grind or Pay. The Dilithium Exchange promotes both - grinders and payers.

The only thing you can do for "revenge" is to never use the Dilithium Exchange. And never purchase C-Points. Use Stipends only to buy +1 Ships. Stipends are totally free of both grind and pay.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Buy DOffs. You can sell them on the Exchange for EC, which you can use to buy equipment for alts or other things you might want listed there. Alternately you can just outfit your ship will a complete set of Very Rare DOffs.