Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
I never said it did. Cryptic DOES have the license for TAS, just not the Kzinti.
The Kzinti are not even from Star Trek the were used with permission from Larry Niven who used the in a short story he wrote in 1966.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Simale, only those who don't understand the term, the meaning or that someone might just like a character would throw in nonsense accusations like that.
Does everyone who plays a Gorn have a dino fetish and those who play Vulcans have an elf fetish?
Unlikely.

I can understand you want what the first Caitian had.
So what when some folks don't get it?
It's evidence of their ignorance, nothing else.
What ticks me off the most is that hair already exist in the game. All they need to do is make it available for Caitians. And in Champions they have digitigrade legs so why it has to be so difficult escapes me. Sure all the pants might not work 100% but there are so many errors on the uniform pieces already in the game that a few more would be noticed. Besides, according to information about the Caitians they prefer to wear loose fitting clothes like tunics. So I would imagine they would prefer skirts/skants. So add the skants and digitigrade legs/feet and hair so we can make real Caitians.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-13-2012, 06:46 PM
yes, it's really a cop-out answer. Cryptic just has "more important things to do" but never does those either... go figure.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-13-2012, 08:33 PM
The fabled new hair tech needs to happen. If for no other reason than the game as a whole benefits. It can be justified that the Caitian species be sold as is - without the mane. So as to stay within current licensing. However, I reserve the privilege of adding a mane to my Caitian once the tech goes live (whatever year that turns out to be).
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agodlessdeath View Post
The Kzinti are not even from Star Trek the were used with permission from Larry Niven who used the in a short story he wrote in 1966.
Almost right. If you check the author of the story "The Slaver Weapon" you will see he is also the author. He simply reworte the story to match the Star Trek genre.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
The fabled new hair tech needs to happen. If for no other reason than the game as a whole benefits. It can be justified that the Caitian species be sold as is - without the mane. So as to stay within current licensing. However, I reserve the privilege of adding a mane to my Caitian once the tech goes live (whatever year that turns out to be).
M'ress has hair. Its just that easy.

All the Caitians in ST IV appear to be male, so if thats correct, they are good to go now. Besides, M'ress' ears are more rounded than the choices in the editor, but I'll take what I can get.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-14-2012, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Bowman View Post

All the Caitians in ST IV appear to be male, so if thats correct, they are good to go now. Besides, M'ress' ears are more rounded than the choices in the editor, but I'll take what I can get.
True they were all male, but were they old and bold? Maybe they have mane like hair too but when they get older they might loose that mane hair, not the fur.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Bowman View Post

Or one may have merely been a flat-chested female without a mane for all we know. As long as the mane is my choice after species purchase, I'm good.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
True they were all male, but were they old and bold? Maybe they have mane like hair too but when they get older they might loose that mane hair, not the fur.
Hmmm... You know you are usually right and I can't disagree with your logic here. Now personally, I can't see it myself but you present a good case for it so it should be an option. I blame the drawing of the male Caitian in the old FASA Star Trek IV Sourcebook Update for my bias here. Bad Paul, bad...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Or one may have merely been a flat-chested female without a mane for all we know. As long as the mane is my choice after species purchase, I'm good.
I hope not but... well...

I hope we get the choice in this matter, but somehow I doubt it.