Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-13-2012, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
Being a Trek fan, I understand what you are saying. However, in Star Trek ships are commonly referred to as the Enterprise-A, the Enterprise-D, etc., and both verbally and in print in official sources.

My wife wants to retain the name of her ship through various models as she progresses through the game, similar to the various iterations of the Enterprise. However, the game does not allow a single user to have the same name on more than one ship, even if changing the letter designation on the ID number (if I recall). So she will include the suffix on her ship's name to achieve the same result. She will not waste EC on changing the name of her old ships, which she may want to use again (if just for RP purposes) in the future.

While it may not be perfect in the strictest "letter of the lore" sense, it does indeed retain the spirit of the lore just fine.
This is precisely what my wife and I do. It's a hassle to have to rename old ships just so you can reuse a preferred name on a new ship. If it irritates other players that we do so, I'm pretty sure we can live with that.