Lt. Commander
# 1 Tachyon Drones TOO Strong?
01-12-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure you guys think but I think the Tachyon Drones seem way too strong. Even with maximum resists to draining shields, most shields are gone in 10 seconds and ships stay unshielded permanent basis. The launch rates also seems way too fast. I don't mind the ability just needs to be toned down a bit. That's all pretty much.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 03:16 PM
I disagree. what you will find is that person doing this to you is also using other shield or power draining abilities.

The spawn rate and the power drain of the probes are actually slight for their fragile state. I tested them on my klink and found vs FAW or AOE effect and Mines, the probes are very fragile and die quickly.

They do a good amount of drainage over time if ignored, but I sneak in Shield drain beams to that wreak havoc on my opponets shields. Add to that some sci powers to drain shields and yeah I can keep your shields down, IF you dont mind what you are doing.

In PVE I find them effective, but in PVP against opponets who are paying attention, one good EWP or FAW, nah not good at all.

Testing techniques vs a player tanking cruiser with proper Shield buffing and resistance skills, I dont really have too much luck, as they are able to snap their shields back quickly and one good AOE or FAW and poof, the drones disappear.

For pets the drones are a touch fragile, but I can see this considering what they are designed to do. So its a trade off. I can understand that, but to say they are overpowered? Where is your proof? Lets present that with some facts and figures, then we can discuss it.

Otherwise its conjecture.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2012, 05:37 AM
I dont PvP but on PvE in STFs I do not find them over powered at all. There are only 2 of them and the tact cubes just sit there like they aren't doing a darn thing. Before I hit General though and I had 4 drones in PvE they were awe inspiring I could almost launch them and be equiped with Torp only lol especially on normal diff.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Most likely the individual is highly specced into being a Drain boat and has maxed his build to this potential.
Not to say that the ability may need looking at, just not a nerfing as Cryptic is prone to do when fixing things.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Most likely the individual is highly specced into being a Drain boat and has maxed his build to this potential.
Not to say that the ability may need looking at, just not a nerfing as Cryptic is prone to do when fixing things.
Agreed,

Ive used the Tachyon Drones a few times and was not overly impressed by them.

I suppose if I was trying to do more shield cracking with my VoQuv and had speced into draining, Id be getting much better results with them.

IMO with would take a highly dedicated draining build to get the most out of the Tachyon Drones; however, if youre going to specialize in draining than Id suggest going with Syphon Pod instead.

In short I do not find the Tachyon Drones overpowered at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2012, 10:06 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Agreed,

I felt the same way about the Plasmodic leech, aceton assimilator and Vent Theta Radiation when I first tested them on Tribble. I even got the chance, way back, to use both against Crimsona in the Tribble Ker'rat zone.
I was not specced to be a drain boat (DPS boat) and found them lackluster (at that time) and He found them to be an annoyance and not much more.
Being specced to specialize in the use of new consoles or certain combo's seems to have an exponentail effect of outcome.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Well this is my experience thusfar. Tachyon drones drain shields way too fast, they have next to nothing for cooldown time. Their movement speed is WAY to fast. Their drain distance is something like 9KM+

Please correct me if I am wrong on any part here.

and as for siphon drones, they need a cooldown, basically they get instantly spawned the moment you get them killed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2012, 07:51 PM
They attack at the same 10k range as the power of the same name, wil work really well if ignored or if used in conjunction with other drain abilites on well specced drain boat and carrier can respawn them anytime as long as they ate off CD, and high Aux will shorten their CD.
So yesterday a good build properly used can be effective
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
They attack at the same 10k range as the power of the same name, wil work really well if ignored or if used in conjunction with other drain abilites on well specced drain boat and carrier can respawn them anytime as long as they ate off CD, and high Aux will shorten their CD.
So yesterday a good build properly used can be effective
No i said their drain distance is 9km+ o.O Tachyon Drones
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RontheDude View Post
I dont PvP but on PvE in STFs I do not find them over powered at all. There are only 2 of them and the tact cubes just sit there like they aren't doing a darn thing. Before I hit General though and I had 4 drones in PvE they were awe inspiring I could almost launch them and be equiped with Torp only lol especially on normal diff.
I tried them during the F2P test and while the shield drain worked really they also pullled aggro all the time and got destroyed really fast. Maybe they changed something since or it was only a problem at captain level.