Lt. Commander
# 31
01-05-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbert View Post
what's this? another attempt at complaining about the lack of content? If they dropped so often that everyone in DS9 could be wearing MK 12 sets after two weeks (just look at how many people are wearing Mk 11 sets right now), DS9 would end up deserted by the time F2P even launched, because other than grinding for the drops there is nothing else to do in the game other than doff clickfest.
Yep tell that to the people who already did 100+ stfs on eilte and got nada..
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
Good luck charm! Really it works... had my cat sitting on my desk here and lo and behold it worked. And no you can't borrow my cat, it'd prolly try to scratch you and stuff like that.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbert View Post
what's this? another attempt at complaining about the lack of content? If they dropped so often that everyone in DS9 could be wearing MK 12 sets after two weeks (just look at how many people are wearing Mk 11 sets right now), DS9 would end up deserted by the time F2P even launched, because other than grinding for the drops there is nothing else to do in the game other than doff clickfest.

Where do you draw the line then?? Should ppl run them 1000's of times and not get anything, while some ppl run them a cpl dozen times and get full set?? The "luck" lotto system is a farce, the stf's are team missions, and as such why cant they reward the full team with something of use?...Cryptic want ppl to grind the elites then fine, the vast majority of players will be happy to do that ,add a " 2 x elite edc" to loot bag then (remove common edc's as they are pointless at elite lvl, most ppl have enough of them) and set a price of elite edc's so players can exchange them for mk XII gear.

It's a win win situation for both player and cryptic.....they get the grind out of players for the stfs, whilst players get rewarded for their time and effort.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Where do you draw the line then?? Should ppl run them 1000's of times and not get anything, while some ppl run them a cpl dozen times and get full set?? The "luck" lotto system is a farce, the stf's are team missions, and as such why cant they reward the full team with something of use?...Cryptic want ppl to grind the elites then fine, the vast majority of players will be happy to do that ,add a " 2 x elite edc" to loot bag then (remove common edc's as they are pointless at elite lvl, most ppl have enough of them) and set a price of elite edc's so players can exchange them for mk XII gear.

It's a win win situation for both player and cryptic.....they get the grind out of players for the stfs, whilst players get rewarded for their time and effort.
Agreed, I understand they want Mk XII sets to be for elite gameplay only. Fine, I have NO problem with that. However, there should be some guarantee that if I run X number of STFs I should have a complete set. Make it a ridiculously high number (40+ times for one piece?) if needbe, but make it achievable instead of a lottery system.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
Or when it took twice as many runs to get the first prototype SALVAGE with no sign of tech anywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Or when it took twice as many runs to get the first prototype SALVAGE with no sign of tech anywhere.
Anytime someone refuses to publish the rates for something, be very skeptical (a la tech drop rates, Jem'Hadar ships, you name it). If it was fair and reasonable then they wouldn't have any need to hide it.

Note: Heretic had no problem revealing the ultra-rare duty officers were going to be an order of magnitude rarer than purples (which aren't guaranteed either, btw) from the C-Store, or (after intensive community pressure) the dilithium currency conversion formula. Weapons have a well-known and published proc rate of around 2%, yet for some reason the tech drop rates (and Jem'Hadars in red holiday boxes) is so uncomfortably low that they refuse to release that data, and will only refer to it in a qualitative sense that it has been increased from X% to >X%.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Nice pictures. And that was the best run ever in my opinion. :p
Thanks a lot Arintal, StarfleetCommander, Kruge, Meynolt.

One thing I'm trying not to be annoyed at is that my title wouldn't save for the screenshot. lol
(heres prove http://defiantsquadron.net/files/pic...7-01-14-04.jpg)

And one thing im laughing my *** off right now is that some of us guys got banned from the EliteSTF channel because one of us apparently is bad team player, and defending ones friend apparenlty leads to a ban there as well.
We really are so bad as a team we beat the Infected Ground Elite optional. haha

But yeah enough of that. Just enjoying our victory.
Amazing run guys. Was a lot of fun. Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-06-2012, 07:56 PM
heh thanks for the shout-out. We've had some seriously good runs, like the one where we didn't have an engineer and killed Becky anyway, and no one even died. Good times. Met some good players, and good people, too.

Yeah the eliteSTF channel... I tried to tell 'em 'look, I don't know what happened, but you don't perma-ban your best players. 24 hours, whatever, but not perma-ban. It wasn't that serious... but I digress. We have our own channel now, anyway, and it's a good one. All worked out for the best, I suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Well this sucks, no more STFs for me for a while. Until I get some GM help I hope.
Ran into a bug that stops me from changing maps without getting kicked. Stuck in the Arucanis arm.

I hope I see some of you guys kitted out in Mk XII when I get back though. :p

Edit: I'm back! :p