Lt. Commander
# 21
01-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
but they didn't take anything away, the power is still there, its only 2 clicks away, it takes what, half a second longer to use it?

I really like this change, now I have more room for powers.
You're right, you do have more room. You can use that new feature all you want and save some room in your powers bar. But keeping the existing feature would not have changed any of these facts. You don't have to add every power that's in the powers window to your power bar, and no doubt, you already know and do this. So what would you lose if they kept the feature and added the new one? Nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
I don't doubt that for people who had many transwarps. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with adding a feature that makes this easier. But they should have stayed available in the powers window where you select which powers you want added to your powers bar. That would fix whatever issues you felt there were with the feature while allowing people like me and others who liked this feature to continue using it. It would have been a win/win. In this case, it's another example of a fail/win.
I mean that putting it on the power bar had exploit and bug potential.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Well, I know nothing about this. But even if it's true (and I've obviously no reason to doubt you, Leviathan), that does not matter. The developers should be able to fix/prevent any exploit and they should be sophisticated enough to prevent bugs and if they create one to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Not sure how anyone could use it to a benefit.

The worst thing i've ever experienced with the Diplomatic Transwarps is hitting it before finishing loading and it turning into a failure (I.E. Effect kicks in, but you don't warp).

Personally, I wish we had the option to keep them on the power tray. It was more convienent.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Ok I'm not angry or even terribly upset. But it's a little bumming that Cryptic doesn't get the idea that sometimes people like things the way they are. The old Power Tray buttons/icons were fine. I liked the way my set up was.

Captain and Diplo jumps on tray 4. Excelsior jumps on tray 5. When I was DOffing I just left my top of three views on tray 5. With a ~6min CD, I was jumping all the time with just an already in-view click or assgined keybind.

Now I have to click, scroll as necessary, double-click (or click to select and click button), and then approve-click. The worse part is I can't see my TW cooldown right in front of me. I have to keep checking the menu, or keep track of it manually.

You want to add features. That's great! I encourage it. I'm genuinely happy if people find the new way better. But please Cryptic, if it ain't broke, stop fixing things. Stop subtracting. Wasn't there better UI adds we could have? How about somewhere to see our Shield Regeneration or Damage Reduction/Resistance, dynamically. Or work on the Exchange (adding BO/DO filtering), etc.

>sigh<

Ok, well in the interest of "embracing the new" - Could we please have some polish on this new feature:
1) Let me resize/reloce (and save these settings) the TW box like I can my Inventory. This will let me avoid scrolling.

2) How about putting all the TWs in alphabetically order. Eta Eridani shouldn't appear before Alpha Centauri.
Anyway. Thanks for listening.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Did no one read my thread on the changes I forsaw on Tribble after 1/9? I guess I need to post during a time people are aware? :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by landerx74 View Post
It would be great if transwarp was not available that the option be greyed out. Before we knew how much time left at a single glance and now we don't. So having it greyed out if not available will help us identify if we should even try to transwarp.
Good point.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Well, not sure how it works, but the shift+1, 2, etc. still work for Transwarps that I had in my 4th tray. Luckily I can remember the order they were in...