Lt. Commander
# 1 server not responding…
01-13-2012, 01:37 PM
well, after 2 years the game still has the “server not responding…” bug.
Perfect World guys. do us a favor, and kick these cryptic out of the window.
they fail miserably with this game. and this bug is just an example of their poor dev skills.
btw, I am getting this bug every couple of minutes, so 50% of game time is wasted due to this.
now, I think you can understand why I cancelled my sub 2 months after release, right ??
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2012, 08:12 PM
PW just paid a boatload for Crpyic, so they're not about to shuffle them off. I'm getting the server not responding issue as well (as are a ton of folks judging by the boards). It remains to be seen whether PW will actually sort these issues out, but I can't see it happening. They've only just now integrated their CS teams with the F2P launch days away, at which point the already overwhelmed teams are going to be absolutely crushed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2012, 08:38 PM
It would help if you described the bug to them because I have no idea what you are talking about. You get server not responding message when there is a connection issue, it isnt a bug. I have had that message maybe 10 times in 2 years, and most times its my internet connection that is the cause.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
PW just paid a boatload for Crpyic, so they're not about to shuffle them off. I'm getting the server not responding issue as well (as are a ton of folks judging by the boards). It remains to be seen whether PW will actually sort these issues out, but I can't see it happening. They've only just now integrated their CS teams with the F2P launch days away, at which point the already overwhelmed teams are going to be absolutely crushed.
Also, let's not forget that PWE is providing extra server hardware and infrastructure for F2P launch time. If the rest of the configuration for PWE games is any indication (and I'm a longtime player of PWE games) then there will likely be several other servers brought online to handle the load in differing regions (East Coast, West Coast, EU)

Then again, I may be wrong. But from past experience, that may well happen. I'm just really taking a shot in the dark.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2012, 05:50 AM
For me, I get server not responding only after 5pm Sydney time. Maybe it's my internet connection...but then again...the only time I get that is on space combat...all other things work fine. If it's my internet connection, then shouldn't I experience it where ever I'm in the game? Also, if it's my connection, then why is it that I can play other mmo or even COD without any problem?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castertroyt View Post
For me, I get server not responding only after 5pm Sydney time. Maybe it's my internet connection...but then again...the only time I get that is on space combat...all other things work fine. If it's my internet connection, then shouldn't I experience it where ever I'm in the game? Also, if it's my connection, then why is it that I can play other mmo or even COD without any problem?
every time you zone you may get a different port connection. it is posible you may have part of the 7000-7500 ports filterd or blocked. that why you may not have trouble in one section and problems in another.

every game uses different ports, different routings different ip packet configuration, have different latency requirements so you really can not compare one against the other. it like saying orange and apple must taste the same because they both fruits.

run nettest to check the critical ports or use a web base port checker to test all the ports.

Nettest:
Go to http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically

For good connections, column 1 and 3 have values around 500 kb/sec (outgoing/incoming), column 2 has values around 20 kb/sec (transfer rate). If the values in these columns is less than what is expected you may have filtering or blocked ports either on your personal network or from your ISP.

any port less than 250 in column 1 or less than 13 in column 2 will likely cause lag and disconnects.

web base checker http://www.firebind.com/col.php checks champions ports

and post results so we have data to elimate areas of problems.