Lt. Commander
# 11
01-09-2012, 09:12 PM
This was a terrific mission, and I gave it 5 stars. I felt like I was participating in an actual ST:TNG episode. The maps were well made, as was the mystery we had to unravel. I, of course, suspected all the wrong people in the plot (!), so I was pleasantly surprised by the conclusion.

All of the text was short and simple, and moved the plot forward. You must have had a tough time boiling all the legal proceedings down like you did--you hit a homerun with the results.

My only negative to the mission was the naming conventions. My alt was continually referred to as Captain, even though I was playing a V.A.. Also, this alt only has one name, Taylor, so many times he was called "Taylor Taylor". lol

oh well; It's a small price to pay for a completely entertaining mission. Thanks for all the time you spent giving this mission to your fellow players!
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg247 View Post
This was a terrific mission, and I gave it 5 stars. I felt like I was participating in an actual ST:TNG episode. The maps were well made, as was the mystery we had to unravel. I, of course, suspected all the wrong people in the plot (!), so I was pleasantly surprised by the conclusion.

All of the text was short and simple, and moved the plot forward. You must have had a tough time boiling all the legal proceedings down like you did--you hit a homerun with the results.

My only negative to the mission was the naming conventions. My alt was continually referred to as Captain, even though I was playing a V.A.. Also, this alt only has one name, Taylor, so many times he was called "Taylor Taylor". lol

oh well; It's a small price to pay for a completely entertaining mission. Thanks for all the time you spent giving this mission to your fellow players!
Hm. I never thought about the second point before. That may be worth addressing.

In termsof Captain, some people are sticklers and hate being called by in-game rank but I figure "Captain" is technically always appropriate for the commanding officer of a ship, regardless of actual rank, which is how real naval protocol works... and I've noticed this used in some expanded universe Trek. To a point where Spock has even been addressed as the Captain of a shuttle when he was Commander rank. Arguably, anybody in charge of a shuttle can be called "Captain," apparently.

So that's my workaround and one I've heard Cryptic was pursuing in certain cases. I think one dialogue has you addressed by rank and that's when Powell gives you a formal dressing down. I figure people run around calling any ship commander "Captain" unless they want to get very formal.

Really glad you enjoyed it and I'll definitely give the naming a once over since I'd imagine Vulcans use one name and some Liberated Borg will be using numbers, resulting in a "Hello, Captain Four Six" for "Four of Six." (Cryptic really should have made Borg names a first name only but when you hit randomize as a Borg, you get "of" as the middle name.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-14-2012, 10:43 AM
I like it when I find a mission offering something a little different. Really enjoyed the run through. Good job!

I noticed that the Klingon before the courtroom part was labelled "UGC Contact". Might want to change that on your next pass.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylsy View Post
I like it when I find a mission offering something a little different. Really enjoyed the run through. Good job!

I noticed that the Klingon before the courtroom part was labelled "UGC Contact". Might want to change that on your next pass.
Yeah. I found a couple of things to fix when I went through with the Broadcast UGC guys.