Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 501
01-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The only way to experience SWTOR properly is to role Smuggler or Imperial.

Most republic storylines are awful--and provide little to know incentive to questing.
How many republic toons have you played to make such a statement like this and to put it across like it's a fact? I have 3 so far and loving the stories.

I think the imp agent is be best do far, so I can agree on that, but please don't tell people Republic stories suck when I am sure plenty of people are enjoying their republic story.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 502
01-14-2012, 01:16 PM
The thing that amuses me about SWTOR is the forums. They have just as much complaining and threatening as these ones do
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 503
01-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
How many republic toons have you played to make such a statement like this and to put it across like it's a fact? I have 3 so far and loving the stories.

I think the imp agent is be best do far, so I can agree on that, but please don't tell people Republic stories suck when I am sure plenty of people are enjoying their republic story.
I've started one for each class.

The first ten hours with each story are what tells me whether I should invest in the rest of the class--and boy are most Republic classes boring. Don't even get me started on how boring the Jedi are--it's like they thought Qui Gon was the source material, not Old Ben Kenobi or Luke.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 504
01-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas45 View Post
The thing that amuses me about SWTOR is the forums. They have just as much complaining and threatening as these ones do
The PvP forums are more jaded--especially since SWTOR has fewer warzones and lackluster open pvp zones (granted, Ilum > Otha).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 505
01-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The only way to experience SWTOR properly is to role Smuggler or Imperial.

Most republic storylines are awful--and provide little to know incentive to questing.
You never played Trooper did you? Or played it properly?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 506
01-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
You never played Trooper did you? Or played it properly?
Dude--it's not about playing. The storylines on the republic side are not my cup of tea (the Smuggler excepted).

My 45 Imperial Agent is my highest character because I preferred the storyline--and because Imperials know how to have fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 507
01-15-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I've started one for each class.

The first ten hours with each story are what tells me whether I should invest in the rest of the class--and boy are most Republic classes boring. Don't even get me started on how boring the Jedi are--it's like they thought Qui Gon was the source material, not Old Ben Kenobi or Luke.
Tropper class is a great story so I call butkiss on what you say above

That said, If your original post had said that "you" find the republic side boring, I would not have an issue, but for you tell people not to play the republic side and that "all" the stories are boring with no reason not to play, made it sound like what you were saying was a fact. You even try to back this up by "claiming" you have played 10 hours on each and know the story going to be boring.

Plenty of people are playing the rep side and are loving the stories.

Sorry, I don't want this to come out as an attack, but I am surprised that you have tried to put people off playing a whole faction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 508 Swtor
01-15-2012, 04:44 AM
Ok listen up cryptic your gonna have a run for your money with SWTOR now up and running.

Before STO fans start whining I'm a lifer here and I gotta say the last few months have been depressing to say the least..

SWTOR is releasing 1.1 patch on the 17th of this month with TWO new content missions..

SERIOUSLY?! I thought how the hell and why hasn't cryptic churned out stuff this quick with all the purchases that have been made via c-store and lifetime subs... the P2W crap isnt what I'm reffering too either.

I got over 120 days remaining on TOR and I'm sorry to say I wont be loggin into STO at all during this farce of game as its present state..

these guys are churning out bug fixes like nobody's business, STO been active now for 2 years and there ARE still game breaking bugs that refuse to be fixed...

CMON cryptic your gonna loose this ship... EVEN CHRIS OFF STOKED HAS DEFECTED TO PLAY! Your number ONE podcast has ceased doing shows because of this epic epic farce.

Anyway I'm still sad to see alot of how things are handled by cyptic I had high hopes at the start but now I'm just meh....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 509
01-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Okay, this has to be one of the funniest pro-ToR posts I've read. Yeah, man! You better listen up, man!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 510
01-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Dude--it's not about playing. The storylines on the republic side are not my cup of tea (the Smuggler excepted).

My 45 Imperial Agent is my highest character because I preferred the storyline--and because Imperials know how to have fun.
Agreed. The Empire kicks butt. My agent is sadly neglected, as 2 of the guys I play with most of the time already role them. I am satisfied with the rather predictable, yet satisfying warrior story for now. Leaves me plenty of replay-ability for the future.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:03 AM.