Lt. Commander
# 31
12-06-2010, 07:13 PM
[quote=itsmiami;3206034]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
Awesome, that all makes sense, though none of it solves my particular issue (making friendly and hostile NPCs fight each other). :p

I'm having the opposite problem. I wanted to make a mission where the Terrans and the Remans were forming an alliance and they just beat the crap out of each other. Was wondering if there was a way to make them play nice.
Use a friendly group and change the individual costumes to Remans. They'll play nice then.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-07-2010, 05:40 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmiami View Post

Use a friendly group and change the individual costumes to Remans. They'll play nice then.
A big drawback is that the ships will still fight like the "original" group, so either the Terran's won't use Phasersor the Remans won't use Disruptors and Plasma Torpedoes. (I think it's really that strong of a difference, I don't think the Terran Empire plays well with anyone, and Remans and Feds are hostile to each other.)

That's why I would prefer if it was possible to set allegience either this way:
- Always Hostile to Player Faction
- Always Neutral to all Factions
- Always Friendly to Player Faction

Maybe even better would be if we could specificy mission specific factions and could assign enemy groups these factions.

The current system (and even the one I proposed above) is severely limited.

An approach from another direction would be that one could set the "fighting style" seperately from the faction. So you could pick the Klingon faction for determining all allegiences, but set the weapon set to Breen and the costumes to an assortment of generic ships, to basically have a group of a "new" faction that fights similar to Breen but is hostile to Federation ships and allied to Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-11-2010, 02:16 AM
okay, i'm setting up a klingon mission and everytime i try and play the mission it says my toon isn't the right allegiance, when it is a klingon toon. what gives?
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-12-2010, 05:32 AM
OOOH thats why I couldnt see wandering!! Thanks you fixed one of my pretty big issues.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-12-2010, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistclaw96 View Post
okay, i'm setting up a klingon mission and everytime i try and play the mission it says my toon isn't the right allegiance, when it is a klingon toon. what gives?
You need to make sure the initial entry point is in Klingon Space. It defaults to Earth Spacedock.

I thought it was a bug at first!
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-15-2010, 07:48 AM
I am running into a problem with animations.

They all work correctly in foundry preview...when I publish and try it on the live side.
They don't do them.....they end up standing on thier consoles instead of sitting like intended.

Meow
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
I am running into a problem with animations.

They all work correctly in foundry preview...when I publish and try it on the live side.
They don't do them.....they end up standing on thier consoles instead of sitting like intended.

Meow
Yeah, idle and chat animations are currently broke in published missions, unfortunately. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next update.
Lt. Commander
At first this information seems obvious. However, as I write more and more stories for the foundry, this article makes more sense and is very useful.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Even though I've read and understood what each function is...I'm still lost...I'm trying to take one 1 NPC ship in Ambient without Combat to being Ambient With Combat...and I'm not seeing where I can choose to make it as one. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-22-2012, 06:07 AM