Lt. Commander
# 41
01-10-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm a Past subscriber and it still says I have to be a subscriber to play
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Been back for a few days now after a long hiatus.

I'm really enjoying the game again.

Still not the biggest fan of the planet side action, but space missions are very good indeed.

Two suggestions.

The 10km range of ship weapons really needs to be extended.

The ground weapon range is far too short as well.

Still all in all it's good to be back.

Rear Admiral ElAurens.
Commanding NCC 94023 USS Takao, Excelsior Re-Fit.
Task Force Three
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Ah well back for another try with STO and glad it's gone F2P. I just hope it has improved since the last time round?

Looking for a fleet I guess
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Good to be back.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Id like to say welcome back and I hope you really like it .... the game really has changed a lot since I left in season 3 and just came back in december... enjoy this song while you surf these forums....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGFwGwV1lZc

If you refuse to give it a try or view it in a positive light ... then there is always this song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

Oh and either way mail @RontheDude all your purple mk xii drops for some white unbound Doffs.... it's totally worth it as white Doffs are the hardest to get and purple Mk xii now drop like flies on poop.

And if you believe my last statement I got some land on Risa to sell you for 60 million EC.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-13-2012, 07:17 AM
I was so unimpressed on launch and things didn't improve quickly enough to keep my sub for more than about 2 months so its good to see how things have chnaged.

decided to start a new fed to play through again before even loading up any of my onld chars so I haven't seen much yet only really the tutorial stuff, which is improved from launch.

one thing tho everytime I try to play the servers are updating so I can't play!!!!! I asume this is due to all the patching due to going F2P?

liking the improved gaphics/details and space combat is better than I remember still not sure about the ground stuff but so far its still massivly improved on launch it was wowefull now its just not my cup of tea which is miles better I suppose.

so far not sure if its enough to make me resub but I guess as its MMO once I actually get some time to play and start chatting to peeps that might change, serisouly tho the ammount of downtime has been mental so far. (IUK player so its afternoons and evenings the servers been down WTF)
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Sweet can't wait to see how many new captains we get.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-13-2012, 02:08 PM
I am a past subscriber from the early days that is back for the early access. I wasn't too thrilled with the game the first few months it was out, but I like some of the changes I've seen playing the last few days.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-16-2012, 06:51 AM
I'm not sure why STO didn't take off like it should have. When I first played it, it did have some pretty annoying performance issues and there wasn't that much to do, but they got it sorted out. I played it recently and with all the new additions (I especially like the optional FPS interface when doing planetary stuff) I think maybe it is that people who quit a while back just need to give the game another try. I was having a blast playing a few months ago until I realized there were like 12 other people on the server. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-16-2012, 10:22 AM
I never left! But I am surprised that a lot of you have! The game is a not a bad granted cryptic has not produced new episodes but I have found hope in the foundry and some of those mission to keep my interest going. I love Star Trek and will not abandon her! And I am looking forward to the new featured episodes coming next month!