Lt. Commander
# 61
01-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
I don't see an Ensign Sue on that list. Fail.
All I did was copy and paste. Blame IMDB.
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
the star wars fanboi again? did anyone tell him that the command to fire up the warp drive is engage and not "punch it". "punch it" is from star wars, not Star Trek. hopefully he'll keep all references to sw out this time, and even watched one TOS episode, tho I highly doubt it
Because Ripley also didn't say "Punch It" to Bishop in Aliens, and the Millennium Falcon totally didn't get a cameo in the big space battle in First Contact. I'd rather let Abrams keep doing his thing and lets avoid seeing stuff like Chris Pine fight a guy in a crappy rubber suit or see Spock mind meld with a 60's throw rug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshiirRa View Post
JJ Abrams makes Star Trek? I'm sorry, but that abomination of a movie in 2009 was not Star Trek. It was lens flares, explosions, action, and fast pacing. That does not make a good science fiction film, contrary to what Michael Bay may think.

Then again, I'm a TNG fan. I prefer my scifi to make me want to think.
And those abominations called Insurrection & Nemesis were Star Trek? People just cant seem to accept that the old way of doing Trek simply wasn't working anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-16-2012, 07:22 PM
great, another disaster of a movie that you couldn't pay me to watch. with any luck it'll flop like a drunken sailor and kill any hope of another sequel
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-17-2012, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
Because Ripley also didn't say "Punch It" to Bishop in Aliens, and the Millennium Falcon totally didn't get a cameo in the big space battle in First Contact. I'd rather let Abrams keep doing his thing and lets avoid seeing stuff like Chris Pine fight a guy in a crappy rubber suit or see Spock mind meld with a 60's throw rug.

And those abominations called Insurrection & Nemesis were Star Trek? People just cant seem to accept that the old way of doing Trek simply wasn't working anymore.
"punch it" is not Star Trek, it's star wars. Engage is Star Trek. how can you have someone direct a movie when they know nothing about the basis for that movie. I've said this before and I'll say it again. the events that took place when prior to when Spock went back in time can not change. only those events following a change can be altered.
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
great, another disaster of a movie that you couldn't pay me to watch. with any luck it'll flop like a drunken sailor and kill any hope of another sequel
TROLL ALERT LOL
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-17-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
Because Ripley also didn't say "Punch It" to Bishop in Aliens,
Have I missed something because she most certainly DID say that to Bishop?
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-17-2012, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
"punch it" is not Star Trek, it's star wars. Engage is Star Trek. how can you have someone direct a movie when they know nothing about the basis for that movie. I've said this before and I'll say it again. the events that took place when prior to when Spock went back in time can not change. only those events following a change can be altered.
So the words that someone says when they want the ship to "go" are the basis for a movie? Riiiiiight.

Really looking forward to this movie, the last one was great, certainly much better than the previous two Star Trek movies.
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-17-2012, 07:39 AM
[quote]TROLL ALERT LOL[/
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
TROLL ALERT LOL
excuse me? I was being serious. the first movie was garbage.

and calling someone a troll around here is a good way of getting an infraction

Quote:
Have I missed something because she most certainly DID say that to Bishop?
yes. evidently you missed the sarcasm in his post
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
excuse me? I was being serious. the first movie was garbage.

and calling someone a troll around here is a good way of getting an infraction

yes. evidently you missed the sarcasm in his post
Yep, I was right!