Lt. Commander
# 1981
12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Yes. Duty officer quality does affect potency of active roster abilities.
Thanks for the clarification Heretic! =D

Time to toss those white-quality DOffs out the nearest airlock...
Lt. Commander
# 1982
12-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Need some clarification on doff stacking abilities, does it work the same if i stack the same color or different color doffs together? and how does it calculate the chance of the ability happening? does it mean i get a 60% chance of a 5 sec recharge on my torps if i stack 3 purple projectile doffs or am i mistaken here?:p
Lt. Commander
# 1983
01-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouyang
Need some clarification on doff stacking abilities, does it work the same if i stack the same color or different color doffs together? and how does it calculate the chance of the ability happening? does it mean i get a 60% chance of a 5 sec recharge on my torps if i stack 3 purple projectile doffs or am i mistaken here?:p
Each duty officer's ability is calculated for separately every time the situation arises. If you have multiple duty officers of the same type assigned to active duty, yes, this can mean multiple procs.
Lt. Commander
# 1984
01-13-2012, 07:23 AM
For Ship assignments i've assigned DOFF that fits the Critical success requirements in some cases all of them, yet i never get Critical Success, only Success for the assignments. Am i doing something wrong here or is the chance to get a Critical Success even when meeting all the per-requisites really low?
Lt. Commander
# 1985
01-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
For Ship assignments i've assigned DOFF that fits the Critical success requirements in some cases all of them, yet i never get Critical Success, only Success for the assignments. Am i doing something wrong here or is the chance to get a Critical Success even when meeting all the per-requisites really low?
It appears you've answered your own question...

Though it does depend on the mission. Depending on the requirements, (and the Doff quality, which can give crit bonuses across the board) some missions (mostly the lower quality ones...) will give a higher Crit chance then others
Lt. Commander
# 1986
01-13-2012, 03:57 PM
You can see the chances when you're setting up the assignment. I find it's fairly hard to get the crit rate anywhere in 1-2 doff assignments - 9-12% is optimistic. Big assignments with 5 slots, though, getting 5 carefully picked blues and purples, I've gotten crit rates upwards of 20-30%.
Lt. Commander
# 1987
01-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Question: When an assignment has a specialization listed as its "Success" category, do I need a DO of that type for the mission? For example, a science mission might say I need a research scientist for "success". The only one I have is white quality, but a random purple science DO gives +20% to rewards or whatever, and increases the little pie chart's success chance. If I use the purple DO, will the mission succeed, even though the purple DO isn't a research scientist? So far my assignments seem to fail, but I seem to recall seeing something on the forums that indicates purples are better, even if they don't match the success requirement?
Lt. Commander
# 1988
01-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Question: When an assignment has a specialization listed as its "Success" category, do I need a DO of that type for the mission? For example, a science mission might say I need a research scientist for "success". The only one I have is white quality, but a random purple science DO gives +20% to rewards or whatever, and increases the little pie chart's success chance. If I use the purple DO, will the mission succeed, even though the purple DO isn't a research scientist? So far my assignments seem to fail, but I seem to recall seeing something on the forums that indicates purples are better, even if they don't match the success requirement?
Success criteria - almost always specialization - impact the chance of Success. Critical criteria - almost always traits - impact the chance of Critical Success.

So, if you put a duty officer with the traits but not the requested specialization, you might see the Success chance stay at 65% but the Critical Success jump from 5% to 10%.

Some assignments slipped through the cracks and are still using the old math, however, so if you run up against any whose numbers barely budge, just flag them here in the forums and I will make sure they get looked at.
Lt. Commander
# 1989
01-17-2012, 11:15 AM
I thought quality improved the chance of critical success as well. Purples seem to greatly increase it over green, even if they have no critical traits.
Lt. Commander
# 1990
01-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
I thought quality improved the chance of critical success as well. Purples seem to greatly increase it over green, even if they have no critical traits.
Quality positively impacts both Success and Critical Success as well, correct.