Lt. Commander
# 21
01-16-2012, 12:24 AM
it says anything GAINED. You had those slots to begin with, they weren't unlocks from leveling or anything. My characters had them when they were created. thus they werent gained. sort of a tricky use of the wording, but yeah.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecaveman View Post
it says anything GAINED. You had those slots to begin with, they weren't unlocks from leveling or anything. My characters had them when they were created. thus they werent gained. sort of a tricky use of the wording, but yeah.
Actually most old characters did gain that slot. It wasn't there at launch. It debuted with the first Off-duty outfit given to the UFP. And as Tricksterbro says, the Matrix tells us that everyone gets 3 costume slots, even Silvers who've never subscribed.

This has to be a bug.

Of course, since it's a slot you'd probably have to file a support ticket to get it back.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
Check the F2P matrix, the uniform slots are the same for both Silver and Gold players
Time for cryptic to go "ooops" one more time ...
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Gold unlocks should be permanent. That's what we've been told, that nothing is taken away.

Since he had an Off-duty slot, he should still have that slot, even if he's fallen back to Silver.
They said things you purchased or earned should be permanent.

The way I interpret that, if you earn a costume slot unlock as a veteran reward or because you bought it in the c-store, you keep it.

If you have an extra costume slot because it is part of the gold subscription and you convert to silver, you lose it.

That being said, the gold to silver conversion process should specifically outline what is being lost and let you see it before you decide to convert.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Actually most old characters did gain that slot. It wasn't there at launch. It debuted with the first Off-duty outfit given to the UFP. And as Tricksterbro says, the Matrix tells us that everyone gets 3 costume slots, even Silvers who've never subscribed.

This has to be a bug.

Of course, since it's a slot you'd probably have to file a support ticket to get it back.
One uniform slot, one fleet costume slot, and one off duty slot.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
Time for cryptic to go "ooops" one more time ...
Indeed.

My old KDF Character still has all of his costume slots. My Federation characters do not.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Have off-duty outfits been removed from the game? Several people, including myself, logged in today to find that we no longer had access to the costumes or the costume slot they normally go in.
There is a bug in the current build which is preventing silver(free) players from accessing their off duty costume slot (2nd uniform slot for KDF). We have a fix and it should be live in an update later in the week. Our intent is that silver players and gold players have the same number of costume slots.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Yeah, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
Former subscribers who are now Silver did lose a slot. It happened to me, too. But I had more than 400 C-Points already, though, so I just bought the two costume slots item in the C-Store. It's account wide, so now all my characters have three costume slots.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
There is a bug in the current build which is preventing silver(free) players from accessing their off duty costume slot (2nd uniform slot for KDF). We have a fix and it should be live in an update later in the week. Our intent is that silver players and gold players have the same number of costume slots.
Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
i've found a little bug with the off duty outfits

yesterday i made a mercenary outfit, purchased it

then decided i want to change the hair, and went directly back to the tailor screen to edit it, but the drop down had not selected off duty on the first screen so all my custom outfit options disappeared and were replaced by basic uniform parts,

had to do it all over again -.-

then i SAVED before i purchased, in case i want to edit it any further i can at least load it.