Lt. Commander
# 131 hullabalooza
12-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Cryptic most of this info is completely useless. Just seems like youre pretending to resolve issues. You've seen corruption of all types? Yeah well so have I actually. Downloading straight from the source (YOU cryptic) multiple times. And boy have I done everything in my power to fix this wreckage of a game. The Fatal errors are YOUR fault cryptic NOT ours (most of the time). So if those fatal errors are down to faulty ram sticks (which the error report reported once to me) then FINE. I remove the faulty ones and it works for a short while before screwing up a decomp of a texture crashing me to desktop. Now like i said in a another post 15 mins ago my 2 remaining sticks are faultless. So unless you can pin it on something else get your act together please and stop feeding us crap. There's so much info that on the out look of things its obvious youre just dressing up useless info with colours and organization (table of cont) etc. Yeah that's all very quaint but ONE locked thread where you actually go through this fatal error problem with the other devs (so we can all see) what the hell is causing these failing decompression errors. (As you can see I've had this problem for more than long enough) I SIMPLY want to play this game you have made and that i have paid for WITHOUT something at the back of my head telling me not to rage when it crashs to desktop eventually. I shouldn't have to think like that when I'm trying to enjoy myself. Do you understand cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 132
01-17-2012, 09:56 AM
If you can not find your technical support solution on the forums, or in the support FAQs, please feel free to contact us.

You can do so here: https://support.perfectworld.com/ If you want to send us a ticket, you may have to create a PWE account and/or associate your Cryptic account to a PWE account.

Or, you can send us an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

If you send us an email, PLEASE include as much information as you can about your problem.

Which game, where in the game, what kind of problem? Installation, download, update, connection, Windows, hardware, software, antivirus, login and similar problems are.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 133
01-17-2012, 12:28 PM
So... what if we use the STO homepage's support link? That uses a Cryptic account. Will our tickets be seen if we use that, or are we being forced to either email you or create a PWE account?
Lt. Commander
# 134
01-17-2012, 01:49 PM
The Cryptic Support System is being pushed into the PWE system.

Technical support issues should be going to PWE for fastest response, IF you have already SEARCHED the stickies and posts for an answer to your problem first.
Lt. Commander
# 135
01-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpanda16 View Post
The Cryptic Support System is being pushed into the PWE system.

Technical support issues should be going to PWE for fastest response, IF you have already SEARCHED the stickies and posts for an answer to your problem first.
K, and if I don't want to make a PWE account, my only recourse is emailing, then? Or are you going to automatically give me a PWE account with the same log in credentials as my Cryptic account, or something (they did this with Atari as well)? And what happens to support tickets filed at the link that is on the main page (http://support.crypticstudios.com/startrekonline)? If those no longer work, you should take that link down.
Lt. Commander
# 136
01-17-2012, 09:19 PM
It still works, but we are trying to work on getting the demand off theirs and go into PWE's until their demand drops then it will be 100% PWE's support system.

For technical support issues, we can answer a little bit faster and are trying to take those types of issues off the Cryptic support team (to lighten their load) so they can work more on CS/GM/Gameplay and some Billing issues.

Make sense?
Lt. Commander
# 137
01-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Does indeed. But I've just now clicked the support link on STO's main website. I need to make a PWE account to use that support page. I shouldn't have to make a second account to get out-of-game support.

Edit: When Atari had Cryptic, they automagically made us an Atari account with the same log in credentials as our Cryptic account.

Further Edit: What happened to any open tickets I may have had on the Cryptic support page? There was one that had been carried over from Atari to Cryptic, will it make it to PW?
Lt. Commander
# 138
01-18-2012, 10:16 AM
As the support systems are merged, though, making a PWE account will eventually become a requirement.
Lt. Commander
# 139
01-26-2012, 08:40 PM
I noticed something that has happened in the past week.

On one of my PWE accounts that I linked with Cryptic had a 15 character password. This WAS working for STO some last week. Trying to check something out just now for a player, I could no longer sign in to the game with my 15 character password.

If some of you have the same problem, you might need to change your password to 12 or 10 characters.

It frustrated me for a good 10 minutes until I reset and changed my PWE password that was linked with Cryptic.

The More You Know...
Lt. Commander
# 140
02-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Latest, official update on sending us technical problems you might be having:

In order to assist you more quickly and efficiently, all Technical Support issues will now go through Perfect World’s support system.

If you have linked your Cryptic account to a PWE account, please go to https://support.perfectworld.com/ and login there to submit your technical support ticket.

** You do not have to link your Cryptic account to a PWE account if you do not wish to do so. **
If you only have a Cryptic account and need Technical Support please email us at customerservice@perfectworld.com

When using the email contact, please provide as much information about the problem as possible (which game, which website, what glitch, is it a problem with installing, updating, patching, etc.?)

Thank you for your patience during this transition period.