Lt. Commander
# 1 Missing characters?
01-17-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I tried to log onto one of my old trial accounts, the characters were gone! I worked pretty hard to get my Gorn to captain within the trial time so I don't really like the idea of starting afresh. Is there any way Cryptic can fix this? I hope this doesn't start occurring often for Perfect World and Cryptic's sake.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddude
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I tried to log onto one of my old trial accounts, the characters were gone! I worked pretty hard to get my Gorn to captain within the trial time so I don't really like the idea of starting afresh. Is there any way Cryptic can fix this? I hope this doesn't start occurring often for Perfect World and Cryptic's sake.

Try logging out and logging back in. When you are away for a while, your characters are moved to a storage area. They should return once you log back in.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2012, 07:15 PM
I've logged in and out several times with no luck. Does it take long for characters to be retrieved from storage?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
I've logged in and out several times with no luck. Does it take long for characters to be retrieved from storage?

I don't know. for some people it is right away. For others, it takes a few days.

I would suggest that you go down to the Support Board as well as file a Help Ticket on the game's side. There ought to be an option on the main screen.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I tried to log onto one of my old trial accounts
Was this trial, by any chance, during the open/closed beta? Beta characters were deleted when the game was launched.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
Was this trial, by any chance, during the open/closed beta? Beta characters were deleted when the game was launched.
Nope just a few months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Nope just a few months ago.

The Devs have stated multiple times that they never delete characters (the aforementioned Beta not included). So your character is definitely in there some where. Just try what I suggested before about the tickets and support and you'll get 'em back.