Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon760 View Post
I can't even tell what Tactical Team does, if anything.
sigh.........
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Remember when people used to play this game and tank without tactical team because it sucked?

Tactical team does need a nerf, and the one they proposed should be fine, assuming they ever implement it.

But we know the problems with TT right now:

It makes attack pattern beta and delta and FOMM weak options.
It makes boarding parties almost completely useless.
It makes self defense trivially easy.

And it does all that for 10s out of 30s with a 15s global cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon760 View Post
I can't even tell what Tactical Team does, if anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
sigh.........
o_o

Tactical team is a small boost to energy and projectile weapons, removes debuffs, and diverts shield power from healthy shields to the shield facing that is under fire. Understanding basic mechanics such as this will be the first step in realizing that the BoP is no inherently over powered. Basic understanding will make many things better.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-16-2012, 06:19 PM
If remembered, the previous verison used to give a 'replinshment' factor on lost crew.

Current verison is Okay, and cutting more time off it, will make it useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
the ensign tac team seems a little over powered people agree. Majority I think.

It does offer bonus to energy and projectile damage and a third bonus of the redistribution of shields for 10 seconds.

My proposal? Ensign keeps those above bonus but with one change, redistribution shields of incoming damage for 5 seconds (instead of 10)

tac team 2 = 7 seconds (possibly 10?) but make tac team II a Commander level skill, so if you want its power, u need to sacrifice a commander slot for it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-16-2012, 06:29 PM
I used to know to tank without tac team, and i don't now. I tried yesterday. It was painful. Truth.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanTom View Post
I used to know to tank without tac team, and i don't now. I tried yesterday. It was painful. Truth.
Yeah, something about S5 did that. I never ran TT for tanking Alphas until very recently. I never needed it. Then I was playing some klingons and I got alpha'd through my best resistance buffs (thanks Gripple'Chew) making me question that decision. After a few more matches I decided to never leave home without it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-17-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanTom View Post
This has been the case actually since weapons got damage boosts based on their rarity. Standard Shield distribution is just too slow to keep up with incoming dps at this point during even moderate focus fire.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
the ensign tac team seems a little over powered people agree. Majority I think.

It does offer bonus to energy and projectile damage and a third bonus of the redistribution of shields for 10 seconds.

My proposal? Ensign keeps those above bonus but with one change, redistribution shields of incoming damage for 5 seconds (instead of 10)

tac team 2 = 7 seconds (possibly 10?) but make tac team II a Commander level skill, so if you want its power, u need to sacrifice a commander slot for it.
HELL NO

That would be completely stupid.