Lt. Commander
# 21
01-18-2012, 04:48 AM
add a duty officer that has a good chance to reduce cooldown... mmmh this could be neat
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-18-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
add a duty officer that has a good chance to reduce cooldown... mmmh this could be neat
I found those cool down duty officer are not that useful for most torpedo builds. 3 Photons or 4 torpedoes with an 8sec recharge and you are already right on the global cool down limit. As far as I can see the only time the duty officer work is if you use 10sec or slower torpedoes. But on the whole the 10sec and slower torpedoes are not worth takeing.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-18-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsey
I found those cool down duty officer are not that useful for most torpedo builds. 3 Photons or 4 torpedoes with an 8sec recharge and you are already right on the global cool down limit. As far as I can see the only time the duty officer work is if you use 10sec or slower torpedoes. But on the whole the 10sec and slower torpedoes are not worth takeing.
I use them for my Tricobalts to devastating effect.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-18-2012, 05:54 AM
I thought Tricobalts are not technically classed as torps and have a different cool down that shares with Tricobalts mines. Does that mean those duty officers work with Tricobalts mines? Or are Tricobalts just odd in tha they are torps but shooting them effects Tricobalts mine cooldown? Unlike normal torps whch have no impact on mines.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-18-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsey
I thought Tricobalts are not technically classed as torps and have a different cool down that shares with Tricobalts mines. Does that mean those duty officers work with Tricobalts mines? Or are Tricobalts just odd in tha they are torps but shooting them effects Tricobalts mine cooldown? Unlike normal torps whch have no impact on mines.
Tricobalts are in a class by themselves. They have area of effect damage, create spacial rifts, etc.

But I can verify first hand that the Torpedo DOFFs do indeed work for them.

It is glorious.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-18-2012, 06:46 AM
Boarding parties are the answer. Send em, wait for shields to drop, fire for effect.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-19-2012, 06:06 PM
You meant this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
Tricobalts are in a class by themselves. They have area of effect damage, create spacial rifts, etc.

But I can verify first hand that the Torpedo (D)BOFFs do indeed work for them.

It is glorious.
No?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWarper
You meant this...

No?
Yes.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
Yes.

Thank you.
I have to say no after playing around with Doff's with Tricobalts and very disappointed with the performance. Doff's do not lower time below global cooldown so if you have x2 Tricobalts there is zero benefit to the Doff's.

Just to confirm Doff do lower Tricobalts fire rates, I guess you might see a benefit with 1 Tricobalt and normal torp launchers. But still Tricobalts just have to low a DPS to be useful in a torpedo build. I find x2 Tricobalts mines with 1 Quantum mine launcher works better then forward Tricobalts.

(Going to try a x2 Tricobalts with x2 High Yield tonight in case that works better)
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-20-2012, 03:15 AM
I rather enjoy an Excelsior with 4 beam arrays and 4 photon torpedo launchers (2 of each front and rear). I also have 3 projectile weapon officer doffs slotted with both phaser and photon tac consoles as well. Rapid fire pew pew galore!