Lt. Commander
# 1 Is Rura Penthe in STO?
01-18-2012, 05:33 AM
I don't know if this Prison Planet is in the KDF area, but if it's not it should be. And we should have a few missions based around it.

I was thinking how great would it be to escape from that planet if your taken there, if you failed a mission in the KDF area.

How would something like that work in your mind?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2012, 05:44 AM
there is a map for rura in the foundry (basically a snowy planet), so at some point it was under the works but that was a while ago so i doubt too much more was done to it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2012, 05:54 AM
Well that's a shame, cause I feel so much can be done with it. From having you a trial, to putting you down in the mines. It could be a fun escape type mission, maybe it could be part of a Klingon starting area in the near future, having you escaping that place, then ending up with your 1st ship to use in the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Rura Penthe is in Omega Leonis Sector Block. KDF players can visit the system, but cannot beam down. There are also Duty Officer Assignments to be found there by KDF players.

As a previous poster stated, Rura Penthe can be used as a setting for Foundry missions, and some such Foundry authors have done so.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2012, 07:15 AM
In a game which has no death penalty escaping from a prison doesn't seem like much of a big deal. It's not like we don't already do that in Coliseum.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-18-2012, 07:15 AM
Well that's still a good start, but I just feel more could be done with it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
In a game which has no death penalty escaping from a prison doesn't seem like much of a big deal. It's not like we don't already do that in Coliseum.
Ah... but you are assuming that the only reason to have a prison planet is to escape from it...

If Rura Penthe is added officially to the KDF side, there may be many potential missions tied to it. For example having to debrief a prisoner there because it turns out he may have information vital to another part of the mission you're on. You'd have to go there...

And then while there, the Brotherhood of Aliens decides to stage an attempted prison break. And you are caught in the middle of it. And the prisoner you were sent to interrogate? He's in good with the Brotherhood's leadership... And they don't LIKE you very much...

So yeah. an escape scenario might be there. But the player would be on the side of those trying to STOP the escape.

On the Federation side, Being sent to Rura Penthe and needing to escape might be there. But it should be done in a way where you cannot just leave whenever you feel like it. Get sent to RP and you are stuck there until you successfully escape.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
On the Federation side, Being sent to Rura Penthe and needing to escape might be there. But it should be done in a way where you cannot just leave whenever you feel like it. Get sent to RP and you are stuck there until you successfully escape.
Players can be stupid. Any mission which they "had" to achieve in order to keep playing would not go over well.

And as I said above, I don't think the game needs two escape from prison missions in it.

I have no problem if they want to put such a mission on the Klingon side. It's just "been there, done that" on the Fed side, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post
Well that's still a good start, but I just feel more could be done with it.
That's pretty much the mantra for anyone who's stuck with this game since launch.

This being said, there are currently no plans to actually use Rura Penthe in the game, but as has been noted, several Foundry authors have made good use of it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Rura Penthe is in game. Its been used for a bunch of foundry missions.