Lt. Commander
# 91
01-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

Trekkies and Trekkers not harping on? Time for you to return from the mirror universe.
No..., I'm Never coming back!!!

I hate Shaving and I luv my Geek-neck-beard

:p
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
To be fair, Tumerboy was just recently transferred over to Star Trek Online from Champions Online just over a week ago. He wasn't around for that.
if this is the case he has no business coming into this thread and accusing us of 'so much negativity'

Quote:
it would seem there's evidence of Cryptic actually putting effort into developing Klingon-exclusive content, which is a huge step forward.
what evidence is that exactly? we've been fed that line something like half a dozen times at the very least

Quote:
The difference between the NGE and F2P, is that the NGE was snuck on the players. One day it's the CU, the next Trials of Obi-Wan hits the server and poof, NGE.
what? it wasn't snuck on anybody. people had alot of negative things to say about it before it came out. they weren't listened to and look what happened.

Quote:
Here, the ignorant mob asked, even begged, for F2P.
some did. most did not

Quote:
Brass tacks, if Cryptic doesn't get their crap in gear and begin to produce content, missions, etc, then F2P and all of the pain it caused the players will have been for naught.
correct.

Quote:
While one may understand the frustration(s) you may have with STO to say such to the idea of CBS pulling the license, I highly doubt CBS has such a deep love for what Star Trek *means* to pull it over things that can be changed. If anything, they probably enjoy the idea of squeezing the money out of people for a product based on a popular license.
heh no. its in the best interests of CBS to protect their multi billion dollar IP. the money they could make from this game is insignificant compared to the amount they could lose if they allow the IP to be given a bad name. the same goes with george lucas and starwars and any other organization that has that kind of money and image invested in an IP

Quote:
The thing is: STO NEEDED those new system changes. BADLY.
shooter mode was not needed at all. what they need is a revamp of the ground system itself, not the way you fight in it. the doff system is next to pointless.

Quote:
It's hard to say if they ever recovered. The managed to last almost 7 years after the event, though - and would still be going if Lucas hadn't pulled the plug to avoid competition for his new baby.
the game was a ghost town and the servers on life support during much of that time

Quote:
In my experience ALL game forums tend to be negative. People who are happy with the game generally don't bother posting anything.
thats circular logic. if they are not posting anything you don't know whether they are happy or not.

Quote:
If you believe the amount of negativity on any MMOs forums indicates the 'health' of the game - then you must be expecting Star Wars The Old Republic to be shutdown within 3 months (The amount of overall negativity there is staggering.)
did you notice how many people they screwed over in the short time they've been online?

Quote:
The negative is NEVER justified. There is ALWAYS a better way to express your discontent than to be just passive/ aggressive, crappy, and insulting.
there are times when negativity is very much justified. that doesn't mean its insulting and crappy. if you want to talk about insulting why not start with the number of times we've been lied to in the last year

Quote:
They have no motivation to do so. They were already going to allow 2 Trek MMOs to exist at once before Infinite Space imploded, so they obviously werent concerned about competition like LA seemed to be with having 2 SW MMOs. As long as this game is around CBS is making money off of it, and some money > no money.
no nagus. first, having 2 mmos in the same IP means nothing as far as this discussion is concerned. but that aside no owner of a multi billion dollar IP is going to allow their IP value to diminish significantly. the money they would get from one game is not worth it when they have an IP to think about. its not that far gone yet. but theres always the possibility. the point is, if it gets bad enough CBS would pull it to protect their interests.
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
no nagus. first, having 2 mmos in the same IP means nothing as far as this discussion is concerned. but that aside no owner of a multi billion dollar IP is going to allow their IP value to diminish significantly. the money they would get from one game is not worth it when they have an IP to think about. its not that far gone yet. but theres always the possibility. the point is, if it gets bad enough CBS would pull it to protect their interests.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...83#post3954383
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I luv when you do yer version of Circular Logic ..., Oh, Wrinkled Lobed One... <chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:

I'm a little vague on this topic...

Can you refresh me as to how many times and when, either Paramount or CBS has pulled the IP on purpose...??...
(other than just letting it expire & not renewing it)
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:
if this is the case he has no business coming into this thread and accusing us of 'so much negativity'
He's done a lot for the Champions community, essentially acting as their unofficial community liaison. Between him and Brandon, I feel that we have a very clear line of communication with the developers. I think what Tumer is trying to say is that we need to focus on being constructive in our negativity, rather than being all doom and gloom.

I agree that the game has been in a very long drought of meaningful content that has yet to subside, and that Cryptic's treatment of subscribers over the last year has been extremely substandard, but what we should do is carefully lay out our demands and wishes in a way that's easy to implement.

Quote:
what evidence is that exactly? we've been fed that line something like half a dozen times at the very least
Captain Geko's recent tweet about previewing a Klingon mission from Cryptic that no one's heard about. I don't know the exact link, but if you give me a bit, I should be able to find it.
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starboard_Nacelle View Post
Captain Geko's recent tweet about previewing a Klingon mission from Cryptic that no one's heard about. I don't know the exact link, but if you give me a bit, I should be able to find it.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=248285
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Thank you, Nagus.

As you can see, Rhodes, there is something tangible in the pipeline. It could definitely explain why we're only getting two series of featured episodes this year.
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-18-2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
We can only hope!

Feel free to provide some examples of ones that are significantly different. Personally, I was amused to see the "same old negativity" on TOR's forums as everywhere else, despite the fact that it is one of the highest quality games I've played.
Indeed. TOR is much worse, I think. This generation of MMO players is just way too spoiled, in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 100
01-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starboard_Nacelle View Post
Thank you, Nagus.

As you can see, Rhodes, there is something tangible in the pipeline. It could definitely explain why we're only getting two series of featured episodes this year.
"I'll believe it when I see it."

In the meantime... the clock is ticking, gentlemen. I really and truly hope that a worthwhile amount of content can be added to this game and it can live up to its potential.