Lt. Commander
# 11
01-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovus_Amberose
I've run >200 STFs now across 3 characters (sci/tac/eng). Around 50-80 of those were elites.

Of those I have had lots of edcs (as expected), rare borg salvage (20 or so), 5 Prototype salvage since the patch of the 6th Jan but none before that.

I have had no Tech drops.....zero....zilch....nada. Nor has anyone in the runs I've done that I know of (and people usually shout like crazy in team when they get so much as a Proto salvage).

I've read that the drop rates are under change over time as they measure the uptake. Nonetheless.....its seems I'm pouring more and more time into STFs for effectively no return.

Rare Salvage is useless to me. You can't even use it towards the MKXI costume kit.

Prototype salvage is near useless, marginal upgrades in part.

So........I keep running em in hope of that apparent 0.00125 percent chance of the drop. Not feeling that the return on time invested is in parity.
Looks like you have gotten more than I have, And I have 6 characters that I have done them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arintal
240 elite runs runs.

1 proto armor
1 proto starship shield
1 rare starship shield
2 rare personal shield
1 rare armor

YES YOU GET STUPiD RARES IN ELITE.
That sounds pointless to get rares on elite, I have yet to get any on elite, however that would **** me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotValeriusCato View Post
I've done 160+, a fair number of elites, and so far I've only got one common psg tech on a normal infected. Just got my second prototype salvage. I would be delighted to get some rare tech drops. Or a rare tech drop. Maybe even a common.
Aye, this is exactly why this all need to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Well I did just get my second tech drop. A common engine tech. Really helps now that I've saved over 80edc so I can someday get the mk11 maco space set....

I'm passing on all the rare borg salvage and still those are piling up. I'm up to a total of 4 prototype borg salvage, though I don't really have anything I desperately want to spend the last two on. It would be nice if I could pass some of this on to fleetmates who haven't even been as lucky as I have. Or if that would make things desperately unbalanced and create a crazy exchange market, at least my alt.... He could use a mkx maco engine.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-15-2012, 10:00 AM
What i got in bout 280 elite (20 normal) stf runs:

1 proto armor tech
1 proto shield tech
1 common deflector tech (from a normal run)
1 rare shield tech
18 proto salvage
15 rare salvage

and tons of EDC

so i agree: very very unbalanced.

I also would suggest a trade option for proto tech
e.g.

1 Proto Tech =

10 (5) proto salvage
or
20 (10) rare salvage
or
100 (75) EDC

Maybe this numbers are stupid (to high, to low) but any option should be implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-15-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't do Normals anymore, but I've gotten around 60 EDCs, 15 Rare Borg Salvages in Normal/Elite, and in only Elite I've gotten 4 Prototype Borg Salvages and 1 Rare Borg Shield Tech.

Oh and one other thing. I don't want ANY of my EDCs, nor ANY of my Rare Borg Salvages and I don't want a shield tech either. I don't need "just" a shield, I'd rather have a Prototype Salvage or 5.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-15-2012, 06:33 PM
I've lost count of the amout of Elite Stf runs that I've done.

I'm trying to run only Elite STF but even with my fleet I find myself Pugging a lot.

To date I've gotten

9 Proto Borg Salvage (used 2, not impressed by the equipment)
1 Very Rare Shield Tech (Still unused)
1 Uncommon Shield Tech (Got the KDF Mk X Honor Guard Shield, no need for the higher levels)
1 Rare Armor (Got the Omega Armor and gave it to my 1st Officer)
160 EDC (Used to get the Horno Guard Ground set and Omega Force Weapon)

I'm stilling on 28 Rare Borg Salvage that the only option that I have to do with is turn into "useless Ore"

There's really no point to non set Mk XII gear at all, there's just not enough difference between the Mk XI and Mk XII.

I have the Full Mk XI KDF Honor Guard Set (Ground) and few parts of the Omega Force set (Ground) and I don't even care to go after the Mk XII set parts because there no real difference between Mk X - Mk XII.

The only things that I'm even thinking about getting now are the Borg Doffs on DS9 but I can only use EDC on those

The drop rate for the Proto Tech is horrible and the fact the EDC (the lowest form of the Borg currency used) can buy alot more things than the Rare and Proto Borg Salvage is just all kinds of backwards

There should be a minimum of a +10 improvement between Mk X, Mk XI and Mk XII gear.

A Mk XII weapon should be +20 stronger than the same Mk X weapon.

All the Borg currency need to be revalued

1 Proto Borg Salvage = 2 x Rare Borg Salvage or 8 EDC
1 Rare Borg Salvage = 4 EDC
2 Rare Borg Salvage = 1 Proto Borg Salvage
4 EDC = 1 Rare Borg Salvage
8 EDC = 1 Proto Borg Salvage

We should be able to craft up EDC and Rare and Proto Salvage to make Borg Tech Drops.

The Loot drops need to be adjusted to make pepole want to play the STFs not force them to grind the STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-15-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm getting salvage, plenty of salvage even when I pass. I just want a tech drop. Just one mkxi space. Please? Please Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-16-2012, 12:11 AM
I agree that its a little odd. 12th has been very active STF wise, we do a good number of elites, a very large number of regulars, we haven't seen any Mk XII set drops that I am aware of. We have seen a decent number of Mk XII prototypes a smaller but not tiny number of Mk XI set drops, and fair number of Mk X Set drops, and pretty good pile of rare tech, We have a couple folks who are on the fourth mk XI set and/or have the UFP medal of Honor. (I am not on them just to be clear). But i would expect someone in our group to have gotten lucky at this point, are the tables working as intended?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howtok
What i got in bout 280 elite (20 normal) stf runs:

1 proto armor tech
1 proto shield tech
1 common deflector tech (from a normal run)
1 rare shield tech
18 proto salvage
15 rare salvage

and tons of EDC

so i agree: very very unbalanced.

I also would suggest a trade option for proto tech
e.g.

1 Proto Tech =

10 (5) proto salvage
or
20 (10) rare salvage
or
100 (75) EDC

Maybe this numbers are stupid (to high, to low) but any option should be implemented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
I've lost count of the amout of Elite Stf runs that I've done.

I'm trying to run only Elite STF but even with my fleet I find myself Pugging a lot.

To date I've gotten

9 Proto Borg Salvage (used 2, not impressed by the equipment)
1 Very Rare Shield Tech (Still unused)
1 Uncommon Shield Tech (Got the KDF Mk X Honor Guard Shield, no need for the higher levels)
1 Rare Armor (Got the Omega Armor and gave it to my 1st Officer)
160 EDC (Used to get the Horno Guard Ground set and Omega Force Weapon)

I'm stilling on 28 Rare Borg Salvage that the only option that I have to do with is turn into "useless Ore"

There's really no point to non set Mk XII gear at all, there's just not enough difference between the Mk XI and Mk XII.

I have the Full Mk XI KDF Honor Guard Set (Ground) and few parts of the Omega Force set (Ground) and I don't even care to go after the Mk XII set parts because there no real difference between Mk X - Mk XII.

The only things that I'm even thinking about getting now are the Borg Doffs on DS9 but I can only use EDC on those

The drop rate for the Proto Tech is horrible and the fact the EDC (the lowest form of the Borg currency used) can buy alot more things than the Rare and Proto Borg Salvage is just all kinds of backwards

There should be a minimum of a +10 improvement between Mk X, Mk XI and Mk XII gear.

A Mk XII weapon should be +20 stronger than the same Mk X weapon.

All the Borg currency need to be revalued

1 Proto Borg Salvage = 2 x Rare Borg Salvage or 8 EDC
1 Rare Borg Salvage = 4 EDC
2 Rare Borg Salvage = 1 Proto Borg Salvage
4 EDC = 1 Rare Borg Salvage
8 EDC = 1 Proto Borg Salvage

We should be able to craft up EDC and Rare and Proto Salvage to make Borg Tech Drops.

The Loot drops need to be adjusted to make pepole want to play the STFs not force them to grind the STFs.
All very good suggestions, However it still seems to be just a band-aid. These suggestions would solve some of the immediate problems, However I don't think Cryptic/Perfect World is listening anymore now that FTP has gone live.