Lt. Commander
# 71
01-18-2012, 11:48 AM
This launcher should be punished for favortism!
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Ok everyone, some good news over here...

I made a PWE account and linked my Cryptic account to it. Now everything works fine - I can log into the game from the Game Client.exe using either my PWE or Cryptic account, with no problems. My character loads up just fine from both logins, including everything in my bank. I was even able to log into the game in the middle of a mission I previously left off and play through it until completion.

The only remaining problem is the option to pick a login from the launcher - you can still only pick the PWE option. But seeing as the switch to PWE accounts is inevitable anyway, (see the quote from my earlier post for more details on that) the only foreseeable solutions to this problem at this point are either:

A) Make a PWE account and link it to your Cryptic account.
B) Wait until the devs fix the launcher buttons.

So as it stands at the moment, I can log in using any account and play the game and have a rollicking good time. However, I am a Silver player and do not have any financial aspects to worry about such as items purchased from the C-Store. So if you are a Gold player, I do not know if any purchased items will survive the account linking. You will have to ask another Gold player about that aspect ;P

So in summary, everything's cool. I linked accounts, it works, problem solved. For me, anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Mines is totally screwed up.
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
I posted this in the general gameplay bugs thread, but sounds like you guys need this information. You've got a couple options here.

1: Enable active javascript in IE.

And more detailed steps if you don't want to take the shorter method above:
(Provided by our infrastructure guys.)

Here are more detailed instructions on adding our launcher pages to your Trusted Sites. This is a good option for more advanced, security-conscious people because they can keep scripting blocked for all of the internet (except our lovely launchers and any other sites they trust.)

1. Open IE (7/8/9).
  2. Tools -> Internet Options
  3. Click “Security” tab.
  4. Click “Trusted Sites”. (The Green Checkmark icon)
  5. Click “Sites” button.
  6. Temporarily uncheck the “Require server verification” box.
  7. Type http://launcher.startrekonline.com into the “Add this website to the zone” field and click “Add”.
  8. Type http://launcher.champions-online.com into the “Add this website to the zone” field and click “Add”.
  9. (If you desire, you can recheck the “server verification” box now!)
  10. Click the “Close” button to close the Trusted Sites window.
  11. Click “OK” to close the IE Options Window.
  12. Close all instances of IE.
  13. Close all launcher instances and then restart any of our launchers.

Scripting is now disabled for any site you don’t trust, but all of our launcher features will work in both Champions and Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
# 75 ok.....
01-18-2012, 03:34 PM
does ie have to be default browser?
it appears java script is enabled at least the java helper is
i did the trusted site thing
ive added rules to the windows fire wall and tuned off mcaffee management
this must be somewhere on my side because i installed off disk and off the internet download and both installs have the same problem....and no i dont have both installed at the same time....
thanks ahead of time for responding with something new....

ive also done all the other things listed in my previous posts on this thread
Lt. Commander
# 76
01-18-2012, 03:34 PM
what about firefox? before I left I was unable to use internet explorer and use time cards. had to use firefox, and continue to do so. javascript is enabled

also, as well as it is for those who can login by linking to PWE, I find it totally unacceptable that we must do so in order to play a game, regardless of the title/developer
Lt. Commander
# 77
01-18-2012, 03:35 PM
I have javascript enabled and added those 2 sites to the trusted sites list.Still cant choose Cryptic.I have launcher version CL_2012_01_10_05_13 if it matters.
Lt. Commander
# 78
01-18-2012, 04:18 PM
It doesn't matter what browser you use for browsing, folks; the launcher uses IE.

Firefox/Chrome doesn't enter into the equation.
Lt. Commander
# 79
01-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
It doesn't matter what browser you use for browsing, folks; the launcher uses IE.

Firefox/Chrome doesn't enter into the equation.
so, now I gotta go back to using ie just cuz the launcher does? that's just nuts. still can't use ie, just tried now, as there're no dots to click to choose cryptic or pwe, and thereby the login button will not work. ie is absolutely out of the question for me. it's the same prob I had with using time cards
Lt. Commander
# 80
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
so, now I gotta go back to using ie just cuz the launcher does? that's just nuts
No, it just means you have to set the relevant settings in IE. You can browse the internet on whatever you wish to--but the launcher uses IE and therefore any changes have to be made to IE to affect the launcher.

Also, in reference to your previous post, eventually the linking will become mandatory once PWE and Cryptic fully integrate account systems. Has been stated in other Cryptic forums by PWE/Cryptic personnel.