Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
So I was playing around with the new skills and gave my Captain level 4 in PS (Personal Shield) Generator. The skill description reads:

Quote:
Improves Ground Shields
This skill improves the Shield Hit Points of ground shields. The more points in this skill, the more damage your ground shield can take.
Prior to putting any points into the skill my Personal Shield Mk V [Cap] was listed as having 195 HP. After leveling up the skill to 4 (+64 points) you'd think I'd see some improvement in my shields HP, but it's still at 195.

So either I'm misunderstanding the above definition or it doesn't work.

Bug tkt #1,249,749.

01/18 Edit: I'm sorry, I forgot to come back and update this with my results. I don't know if it was a "fix", user error on my part (unlikely, I know what I'm doing, but not out of possibility ), or maybe it required relogging/instancing (this is my guess), but the next time I looked at my toons with PS Generator, I saw that my shield strength had improved. So it appears to be working correctly. Thanks! If any Dev sees this, please let folks know they can close Bug tkt #1,249,749 and this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2012, 12:10 PM
It's working for me. Base shield HP 292. Shield HP with 6 points spent 353. Did you check the actual shield strength while on ground?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
It's working for me. Base shield HP 292. Shield HP with 6 points spent 353. Did you check the actual shield strength while on ground?
I was on the ground. Pressed U and looked at my shield setting before and after applying the skill. Is there another way to check the actual shield strength? >shrug<
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
yes if you mouse over your Healthbar in the UI element with your FACE!

hopefully just a UI display error

did not test
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2012, 10:17 PM
I've noticed many item's numbers are now displayed with your ship and captain's modifiers taken into account automatically. While that saves math for people who just want to know thier final number, it makes comparing items between characters very difficult since you basically can't work out the actual base numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Definitely working for me, 291 to about 350 with six points.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot to come back and update this with my results. I don't know if it was a "fix", user error on my part (unlikely, I know what I'm doing, but not out of possibility ), or maybe it required relogging/instancing (this is my guess), but the next time I looked at my toons with PS Generator, I saw that my shield strength had improved. So it appears to be working correctly.

Thanks!

If any Dev sees this, please let folks know they can close Bug tkt #1,249,749 and this thread.