Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
01-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon760 View Post
I don't know what to tell you, but when FTP gets here, even more people are going to start complaining about hull sitting and unbalanced pvp.
Of course they will.

None of them are going to know what they're doing when they get here.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazimer
while i agree that acting like a jerk coz u lost is lame, any kind of bragging once u won (and here i mean 1 word, not spamming "u suck, i am awesome") is considered to be acting like a jerk...

ergo, when i go to kerrat i just farm and fend off the occasional bop that tries (and usually fails) to kill me
Do I need to bring up how you acted when we did a 1vs1?
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon760 View Post
Well we're complaining because Klingons generally win all ship battles because their ships use cannons, which are ten or hundred times better than beams. And I suppose that's fine given that Kerrat is a "war zone" but Federation wouldn't be complaining so much if they weren't getting dominated so much by overpowered ships. Can Federation make OP ships? I can't even do anything with overload III. It's not even a contest. Klingons with cannons and tactics like sitting on your hull win every time. No doubt someone will say, "Okay well get a different ship", but why should I? That makes all cruiers and all Federation ships except those with cannons not even close to the effectiveness of Klingon ships. I can't even outfit damage prevention against those kinds of cannon ships because with 45 percent damage resistance, I still get destroyed in 2 seconds. Literally 2 seconds. I might as well not even have shields. When free to play opens, I guarantee that players in droves are going to complain about getting "ganked" unfairly by Klingon players. Klingons players who have sat around for months perfecting their cannon, insta-kill ships. Then those players will just go play something else. And the game will close. All because it isn't balanced. It gives Klingons an unfair advantage and doesnt even accurately portray Klingon ships in a battle against Federation ships.
Funny, those Cannon don't make a bit of difference everytime I zone into Ker'rat and find the KDF players outnumbered 3,4,5 or even 7 to 1 against.
Its the tactics and the team play that wins games or battles in Ker'rat and the only time the KDF appears to get better is when we have a parity of numbers to bring to bear on the feds, otherwise it goes to the feds everytime.
In the arena's the same thing is true, the feds dominate unless the KDF fields experienced players and uses sound tactics like target calling, focus firing and cross-healing.

If teh KDF ships where so OP that they made for easy gameplay then there would be far less moments like this ingame.

I find it funny how many fed players say that the KDF ships, cloaking and use of cannons are not accurately portraying the Klingon ships in battle. Have none of you non-klingon fans ever watched any of the movies or shows?
This exactly how Klingons fight.
The only thing not represented by the Star trek genre as whole is how players of any faction can fling high powered attacks around like pointing a gun and pulling the trigger, other than that everything is very well balanced.

Most Froobies coming into PvP will cry becuase they do not know how to pvp yet and are dying to those experienced players whom do and becuase they are not used to seeing the feds lose, becuase plot armor has prevented that from happening in the shows.
STO is not the shows or movies and in PvP the KDF can finally play to win without being hampered by the "hero-can't-die-armor" effect.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Lol. I don't think any one character is "killing" Kerrat. In my limited experience, Kerrat seems to have one of two outcomes.

1. Feds outnumber Kinks. Feds gank kinks at spawnpoint. Kinks respawn and cloak. Feds get bored and go pop rats. Kinks wait for lone Fed to leave the herd or get damaged b y rat.

2. Kinks outnumber Feds. Permanent gank until Feds get bored and leave.

Basically, it's pretty much like real war. Get there firstest with the mostest.

Lt. Commander
# 45
01-18-2012, 05:10 AM
What LordCorrino said.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-18-2012, 05:40 AM
reading things like this make me want to q up. but fvk rarely pops on my Klingon thus I shall play my fed sci and try to stop beiber from healing so dam much
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
reading things like this make me want to q up. but fvk rarely pops on my Klingon thus I shall play my fed sci and try to stop beiber from healing so dam much
I used to have a Eng/Sci build that existed for no other purpose than to keep people like Biebs from healing their team, in an attempt to score a kill or 2 against the Pandas. I found it much easier to just join him :p
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
I used to have a Eng/Sci build that existed for no other purpose than to keep people like Biebs from healing their team, in an attempt to score a kill or 2 against the Pandas. I found it much easier to just join him :p
who joined pandas?

oh gooness...