Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
01-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Further proof Cryptic is small potatoes. Any real respectful gaming company would have upgraded to gerbils a long time ago. They are more streamlined and faster too. And eat less resources than those chubby hamsters.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
01-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Further proof Cryptic is small potatoes. Any real respectful gaming company would have upgraded to gerbils a long time ago. They are more streamlined and faster too. And eat less resources than those chubby hamsters.
Wait, wait, wait...I thought they *DID* upgrade to gerbils months ago.

Or did the gerbils get reassigned to another server?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
01-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipenguin
Wait, wait, wait...I thought they *DID* upgrade to gerbils months ago.

Or did the gerbils get reassigned to another server?
And wasn't there some kind of experiment with squirrels and caffeine?

I think they say they lost over 6.2 million drones, but they brushed it off as 'insignificant.'
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
01-18-2012, 03:29 PM
don't forget to rub the server with cheetah blood to get them to go faster.

-
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
01-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Gerbils aren't as durable as Hamsters are.

Really, Chinchillas are much more durable than anything else we've tried, but they're MUCH lazier, and end up curling up in the corner more often than not. As such, Hamsters are the rodentia of choice for us. We have to deal with more er. . . defective units. . . but we get more work out of them. And we can buy them by the bushel.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
01-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Gerbils aren't as durable as Hamsters are.

Really, Chinchillas are much more durable than anything else we've tried, but they're MUCH lazier, and end up curling up in the corner more often than not. As such, Hamsters are the rodentia of choice for us. We have to deal with more er. . . defective units. . . but we get more work out of them. And we can buy them by the bushel.
My Cannibal tribble eats your hamsters ... Finds them quite tastle, btw.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
01-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Tribbles are worthless to us. They can't turn wheels.

:::ponders:::

I guess we could breed them like crazy and then just burn them to fuel the servers. . .

:::heads downstairs to talk to Stephen:::
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
01-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Tribbles are worthless to us. They can't turn wheels.

:::ponders:::

I guess we could breed them like crazy and then just burn them to fuel the servers. . .

:::heads downstairs to talk to Stephen:::
As a Klingon, I approve of this solution.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
01-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Tribbles are worthless to us. They can't turn wheels.

:::ponders:::

I guess we could breed them like crazy and then just burn them to fuel the servers. . .

:::heads downstairs to talk to Stephen:::
Thumbs up for running the servers on a renewable energy source.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
01-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Tribbles are worthless to us. They can't turn wheels.

:::ponders:::

I guess we could breed them like crazy and then just burn them to fuel the servers. . .

:::heads downstairs to talk to Stephen:::

You don't need tribbles or hamsters.


You need Guinea Pigs. The average guinea pig can run at speeds of 19.5 meters per second for sustained periods. If provided with suitable encouragement (read: scared out of its mind), it can sprint up to 50 miles per hour, although these sprints tend to last only 5-19 seconds.


Generally speaking, anything a Tribble can do (Klingon fetishism aside), a Guinea Pig can do better. For a more detailed comparison, please observe this article which goes into depth.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57 PM.