Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Even though this feature should've been in STO in closed beta.
Yep, along with a full KDF faction and better PvP and better crafting, and the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Yep, along with a full KDF faction and better PvP and better crafting, and the Foundry.
I beg to differ because CO already had the Power House feature before STO was even in closed beta, but that's a futile discussion so lets agree to disagree.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
I beg to differ because CO already had the Power House feature before STO was even in closed beta, but that's a futile discussion so lets agree to disagree.
Just so we're clear, your saying that a combat simulator "should" have been in STO at launch, but majorly important systems shouldnt have?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Just so we're clear, your saying that a combat simulator "should" have been in STO at launch, but majorly important systems shouldnt have?
I'm saying that a way to battle-test our builds before we commit to those builds, is something that CO had before STO even went into Closed Beta, and hence I figure STO should've had it before launch.

To me, a build-testing feature, especially in a game where respecs aren't trivial, is as major as PvP is or the KDF faction is, simply because anyone who'd play PvE, Fed or Klingon... or would PvP, could benefit from a build-testing feature. You know?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
To me, a build-testing feature, especially in a game where respecs aren't trivial, is as major as PvP is or the KDF faction is, simply because anyone who'd play PvE, Fed or Klingon... or would PvP, could benefit from a build-testing feature. You know?
1) A moment ago I said that a complete KDF faction and better PvP should have been in at launch, just like a combat simulator.

2) In response, you said you "beg to differ".

3) Now your saying a combat simulator is "as major as" those things.

4) If it is "as major as" those things, and you think a combat simulator should have been in at launch, then you would also think those other things should have as well.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I do think STO needs this now more than ever thanks to the new lack of in-game-earnable respecs.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Please, no more mechanical updates! The game needs Missions: leveling, end-game, PvP, and FEs.
I'm with Cosmic, but I think we need to have a discussion of at what point will they have added enough content for us to accept another of these Technical frenzies D'Angelo and PW seem to think we want so much?

I would say I can/could accept another tech-revamp-addition-thingy after the KDF gets equivalent Storyline PvE.

The Feds have 52 Storyline PvE missions (by my count, excluding Tutorials, Fleet Actions, STFs, PvP, Wrappers, Faction Neutrals, and Exploration), the Klingons have.. 8. 8!! So at least another 44 KDF-exclusive Storyline PvE missions.

And you know what? It really shouldn't be that hard. A dedicated Foundry Author can put up a mission a week that's as least as good as the basic PvE Storyline missions the Feds have. And that's all we're asking for.

That's with no new @$#*%&# tech, no need for voice overs, or cut-scenes, or new ships.. It can be all be done without waiting on anything programming-side. Use what you have, you can do it now. Right now, and have two missions a week for the next 22 weeks. 2012, the year of the Klingon Empire.

They could do it. they have at least two content Devs.

But that's not all they need to do.

They need the programmers and tech people, so as not to feel ignored, to go Bug-Hunting. Squash the decloak Bug, once and for all. Squash the ship texture errors. Clean up the spine on the Galaxy Class so there's not a smooth slide from the Main Impulse Engine to the aft Torpedo Launcher.. Polish people, polish the game has needed for a very long time.

Don't delay content because you want the content to show off new tech. The tech is fine, stop messing with it, we need something to do with it.

While the higher-ups at PWE and Cryptic have been oohing-and-ahing over C-Store CRAP and monetization efforts and F2P preparations, the game has gotten rusty, grindy and nigh-unplayable but by the most dedicated grinders or the most casual and forgiving trekkers. But you can't run a game on the fringes folks, and that's all that's going to stay if they don't tackle the grind and bug issues.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-18-2012, 10:10 PM
I used the Power House a lot in CO. It certainly would help STO tons, would give a proper use for the Holodecks too.

Power House on-board our ships holodecks, academy's and Star Bases.

Include a tailor and exchange or mail console to our ships as well while your at it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-19-2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileight View Post
Especially if they're going to be charging REAL money for respecs.
That would be too easy, since a trainer would actually hurt their profit margin - $$ Cha Ching $$

- "Sucka! You don't need no trainer!"

- "PAY, keep paying for more respec - keep that monetary machine well oiled!" :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-19-2012, 06:08 AM
I've always felt we should have holodecks, malfunctioning or otherwise. (Hah! I just got why the live server is called Holodeck!) Even if it's just a simple form: Choose environment. Choose hostiles. And choose their strength.

If nothing else, holodeck programs (backgrounds and hostiles/characters) could be a great thing for the latinum vendors to sell. And perhaps there's room for a Foundry tie-in, either running foundry missions right off the holodeck, or letting foundry creators package environments they created (and used one of their foundry slots on) a couple dozen/hundred times and put on the exchange for EC.

But yeah, there's plenty of other stuff that needs updating as well. I couldn't say where to start.