Lt. Commander
Back in the day I slightly recall that many people stuck with phaser and disruptor(due to procs and cost to spec) but with the rebalancing and 'streamlining' of the trait system I'm curious if all weapon types(for both kinetic and energy) are viable now or if there are still standouts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 03:26 AM
So far it seems that there aren't beam weapons more effective than others. Maybe the plasma, if you like it's secondary ability (plasma damage on the hull).
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Phasers because of their impressive proc which can sometimes disable shields or engines completely. (No engines = no defense modifier.)

Anti-proton because of higher crit chance, which provides slightly higher average damage.

In teams, Disruptors have a 10% de-buff that can be useful.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_McRich
So far it seems that there aren't beam weapons more effective than others. Maybe the plasma, if you like it's secondary ability (plasma damage on the hull).
Did they ever scale the Plasma proc with level? I remember before I left they were talking about scaling Plasma and Tetryon proc damage.

Either way I'm an advocate of the use of both simply for the cool factor. Cool people set other people on fire.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
Did they ever scale the Plasma proc with level? I remember before I left they were talking about scaling Plasma and Tetryon proc damage.

Either way I'm an advocate of the use of both simply for the cool factor. Cool people set other people on fire.
Yea that was the problem before as well - the plasma proc at cap was the same(or just marginaly better) then it was at Mk I
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Yea that was the problem before as well - the plasma proc at cap was the same(or just marginaly better) then it was at Mk I
So did they fix it then?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2012, 08:08 PM
plasma, tetryon and polaron are the least used,
phaser, disruptor, and antiproton are the most used.

I don't think the proc amounts have changed,