Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Back in the day I slightly recall that many people stuck with phaser and disruptor(due to procs and cost to spec) but with the rebalancing and 'streamlining' of the trait system I'm curious if all weapon types(for both kinetic and energy) are viable now or if there are still standouts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-19-2012, 03:26 AM
So far it seems that there aren't beam weapons more effective than others. Maybe the plasma, if you like it's secondary ability (plasma damage on the hull).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Phasers because of their impressive proc which can sometimes disable shields or engines completely. (No engines = no defense modifier.)

Anti-proton because of higher crit chance, which provides slightly higher average damage.

In teams, Disruptors have a 10% de-buff that can be useful.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_McRich
So far it seems that there aren't beam weapons more effective than others. Maybe the plasma, if you like it's secondary ability (plasma damage on the hull).
Did they ever scale the Plasma proc with level? I remember before I left they were talking about scaling Plasma and Tetryon proc damage.

Either way I'm an advocate of the use of both simply for the cool factor. Cool people set other people on fire.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
Did they ever scale the Plasma proc with level? I remember before I left they were talking about scaling Plasma and Tetryon proc damage.

Either way I'm an advocate of the use of both simply for the cool factor. Cool people set other people on fire.
Yea that was the problem before as well - the plasma proc at cap was the same(or just marginaly better) then it was at Mk I
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Yea that was the problem before as well - the plasma proc at cap was the same(or just marginaly better) then it was at Mk I
So did they fix it then?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-19-2012, 08:08 PM
plasma, tetryon and polaron are the least used,
phaser, disruptor, and antiproton are the most used.

I don't think the proc amounts have changed,
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 AM.