Lt. Commander
With the recent lowering of the Silver EC limit, I hope Cryptic will consider adding an EC limit unlock option to the Cryptic Store. It would seem to fit with all the slot upgrades that are already for sale.

I know other F2P MMOs offer currency cap unlocks and I have purchased them for other game accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2012, 02:52 AM
This needs to happen, posthaste.
Lt. Commander
# 3 what
01-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Paying to get a higher EC cap would be like paying for higher prices.

I think this cap was put in place because of the high prices on the exchange.

To me paying for a higher EC cap is like paying for higher prices.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullas
With the recent lowering of the Silver EC limit, I hope Cryptic will consider adding an EC limit unlock option to the Cryptic Store. It would seem to fit with all the slot upgrades that are already for sale.
Actually, there is already a way to purchase the higher EC unlock, its called a 'subscription' Once the subscription expires, you will keep the higher level unlock of 1 Billion EC...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Actually, there is already a way to purchase the higher EC unlock, its called a 'subscription' Once the subscription expires, you will keep the higher level unlock of 1 Billion EC...
Thanks. As a past subscriber, I guess that would mean I already have it unlocked. I'll have to pool some credits and test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Hazard View Post
I think this cap was put in place because of the high prices on the exchange.
Also, I think one of the main reasons is to keep a lid on farmers and EC laundering on purely free accounts. For that reason, an EC unlock option should be limited to those who have spent actual real money on the game for C-Points or past subscribers. Unfortunately, the prices are already high on the exchange and there are expensive items on the exchange that can benefit characters (for example, Doffs for a certain assignment).
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Wow, thanks for listening. I posted this only a few days ago and now the F2P Matrix Silver EC storage limit mouseover has been updated to read:

Quote:
10 Million Energy Credit Cap. An EC Cap upgrade may be purchased from the C-Store.
Of course they probably had this in mind all all along, before I suggested it. I don't see it listed in the web C-Store yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it in the in-game C-Store.

EDIT: I see it now in the in-game C-Store for 400 CPoints.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullas
Wow, thanks for listening. I posted this only a few days ago and now the F2P Matrix Silver EC storage limit mouseover has been updated to read:

Of course they probably had this in mind all all along, before I suggested it. I don't see it listed in the web C-Store yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it in the in-game C-Store.

EDIT: I see it now in the in-game C-Store for 400 CPoints.

Thank you.
Seriously? 400 CP for increasing 10mil to 1bil, account wide unlock?

There really is no advantage to being Gold :-/
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Seriously? 400 CP for increasing 10mil to 1bil, account wide unlock?

There really is no advantage to being Gold :-/
That basically sums it up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-19-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Unfortunately, this is not correct. Previous subscribers and game owners who come back at Silver level, have a message saying "You may not earn more than 10,000,000 Energy Credits."

Here's a discussions on the topic:

10 MIllion EC cap, might as well be nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otheym81 View Post
...I found that when I sold my extra junk lying around that I received no energy credits for them. At first I didn't even notice, but as my wallet kept shrinking, I realized something was wrong.

I looked online and found that the EC cap for F2P accounts was 10 million. Ouch.

So all the millions I spent couldn't even be recovered. No money was received for auctions.
As I posted earlier, an EC limit unlock is now available in the C-Store for 400 C-Points.

Energy Credit Cap Increase Available

C-Store link to purchase:
https://www.startrekonline.com/store?item=1261