Lt. Commander
In the Defend missions (I think the Explore missions also), where the objective is to, say, "Defend from 3 Borg/Federation/Romulan/Cardassian Attack Groups," I can never finish all 3 in a row in the same area.

I'll get may 1/3 or even 2/3, then every single area I scan and enter, it won't activate the mission in that area. (should read "0/6," but it doesn't)

So I have to travel across the sector into another area (usually a nebula) and fight another attack group on a separate Defend mission... in order to get the quest again.

IN OTHER WORDS, I have to go something like this:

Defend against Cardassians, 1/3
-travel to another nebula
Defend against Borg, 1/3
Defend against Federation, 1/3
Defend against Romulan, 1/3

Defend against Cardassians, 2/3
Defend against Borg, 2/3
Defend against Federation, 2/3
Defend against Romulan, 2/3

Defend against Cardassians, 3/3
Defend against Borg, 3/3
Defend against Federation, 3/3
Defend against Romulan, 3/3

That's pretty much how I have to do it, to complete all 3/3 of any one "Defend" missions.

Is that intentional?

PS. RELATED QUESTION: once I turn them in... and have to wait 5 minutes to pick up the missions again... what happens if I DO turn them in all at once? How do I hail KDF again, to pick them back up 5 minutes later? IIRC, there's no Hail option; the only way I usually pick those up, is once I'm already talking to the quest-giver, as I'm turning in old ones. But If I've turned them in simultaneously, I won't get to talk to that quest-giver again (because I'll have no open quests to complete and hail them to turn in again)

Do I gotta find them physically, wherever the hell they are, just to talk to them and pick up those quests again???