Lt. Commander
# 11
01-18-2012, 09:22 PM
I really don't see this being a big seller. My impression has been that the real money is in Inventory and Bank space.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-19-2012, 05:18 AM
This seems fine.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-19-2012, 05:42 AM
hmmmm,,,,,,i am a veteran player since the game came out 2 years ago,,,i have traded, barted, and sold alot of my unique items to attain my energy credits. i have 10 million now, so for a 400 cryptic points is it easily now to increase to the cap? Wow, what i went thru for these 2 years to accumulate those energy credits. hey, i am just talking oout loud, i am not knocking anyone - but if this is a great step for sto to hand us the cap, i'll take it. the E/C cap will help more than ever to buy the items i need or manuever around items that i don't. -
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Silver Players can now increase their maximum Energy Credit limit from 10 million to 1 billion! The Energy Credit Cap Increase is available now in the C-Store.
Thank you for listening to the feedback and offering this new option for Silver players. The price is reasonable for an account wide unlock. I'm a returning game owner (CE) and former subscriber, but this will be my first C-Store purchase.

For those that weren't following closely, the F2P Matrix was updated about a week ago to lower the Silver EC limit from 100 Million down to 10 Million. For returning players who had seen that higher number on the F2P Matrix for the past few months, the sudden, drastic lowering of the limit was a bit surprising, but I'm sure PW and Cryptic have multiple good reasons (including making things harder on farmers).

I'm glad you've offered this unlock to allow Silver players to participate in the economy and not have our EC disappear down into a black hole. Although EC is often described on these forums as "worthless" and many players can happily get by without ever hitting the Silver EC limit, there are certainly useful and fun items which can quickly add up to exceed the current limit.

It all depends on your play-style. Some enjoy buying ships, races, pets or cosmetics. Some of us also enjoy being able to sell our extra loot for what it's worth and save up piles of "worthless" virtual currency.

Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-19-2012, 07:27 AM
I agree with the sensible ones. Its a free to play game. No required subs mean they have to find other ways to make money.......how do guys think new features, content and other maintenance is done, by air? no it requires money and if they can make more money by increasing prices in the C-store and putting items in there that can get people to buy them more power to them. Because at the end of the day, every dollar they earn means one step closer to them ability to higher more people, and putting out more goodies for us to enjoy....please use your heads before you speak.....
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Yet again, another perfect example of devaluing their whole gold subscription model. I guess this influx of new players expected was well below expected targets.
How does this devalue the gold subscription? You don't have to pay extra. It is included in your sub.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Personally, I've never been close to 10 mil on any character so far.

Nice to know that I can lift the cap when I need to tho.

I think this move actually helps in a way. With the ability to remove some of the Silver disadvantages, it makes it easier to go back and forth between Gold and Silver. I can sub when I want Gold priority access ... like when FE's are released... and go back to Silver when I don't need the extras without losing anything I really want.

A cap of 1 billion EC's is pretty darn generous. Given the limits of what you can actually use EC's for now, I don't think it really hurts anything. My only concern is that raising the cap that high could affect the Exchange, encouraging inflation.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Is this a per character unlock or per account unlock?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-19-2012, 08:03 AM
So, how many C-Store points does it take to turn a Silver Member into a Gold Member now?
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
How does this devalue the gold subscription? You don't have to pay extra. It is included in your sub.
it devalues it because its one less thing on the features matrix that is exclusive to gold, and therefore would motivate people to sub up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Personally, I've never been close to 10 mil on any character so far.

Nice to know that I can lift the cap when I need to tho.

I think this move actually helps in a way. With the ability to remove some of the Silver disadvantages, it makes it easier to go back and forth between Gold and Silver. I can sub when I want Gold priority access ... like when FE's are released... and go back to Silver when I don't need the extras without losing anything I really want.

A cap of 1 billion EC's is pretty darn generous. Given the limits of what you can actually use EC's for now, I don't think it really hurts anything. My only concern is that raising the cap that high could affect the Exchange, encouraging inflation.
that's the whole point of having a silver, or limited access account, if you want to play for free there are LIMITS to what you can do, the whole point is to get you to SUBSCRIBE. Geez Cryptic, didn't you read the F2P manual when you decided to adopt this ridiculous structure in the first place.

Are you trying to put yourselves out of jobs?

At this point, I would say that if Cryptic plans on adding, other account upgrades like this that Gold's should get them automatically, if they make us pay for it, that will be completely unfair.

Like a Dilithium Refining upgrade for example.

-