Lt. Commander
# 51
01-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
I The devs claim that the elite ones are possible with all white Mk X gear too, but I think this is a stretch.
Offtopic but, that's entirely possible. Just don't expect to finish said Elite STF with the optional done, or without basically dieing a whole lot and being severely Injured/Damaged by the end. You can certainly finish the STF though.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Random drops that need to be rolled on is a stupid concept to begin with. If we are talking about STF's then it should be everyone gets a 'container' with a random item; and bonus things such as EDC's should be given a Roll or Pass option. Everyone gets something; still get a random chance at extra(or pass to a fleetmate), and no one feels cheated.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-19-2012, 12:08 AM
There should only be the option to Roll or Pass. That way it's always fair game for everyone. I'm not going to say I need everything just because other people do it, I won't conform to douchebaggery! lol
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th thread on the same subject. I remember reading several threads talking about the exact same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th thread on the same subject. I remember reading several threads talking about the exact same thing.
I am guessing that means that a solution has not been found yet. I think posting on old threads is frowned upon.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Oh god is this thread still going...

It's Need/Greed/Pass, if you don't like it go play another game..(normal forum response to other peoples posts I've seen from the same people moaning about this)

To be insulting or calling people out because you ASSUME they don't need stuff is pretty sick tbh and I would class that as hassling another player in the game...

Like I said before, when people are selling stuff on the AH for 100s of 1000s of ECs... I'll need everything. Some 'even' mark whites are more expensive on the AH than blues, Why because they can be traded after you've used them... Something is very wrong with this and those that are responsible need to go slam their heads in a car door.

Look...
I'm forced to buy stuff at silly prices on the AH, because I don't want to waste dilith crafting them, so I'm forced to get as much EC's as possible during my game time, that means needing every drop and selling what I don't use for EC's, which I will use...Get it?

And...
OMG, I nearly fell off my chair laughing reading that someone wants their borg salvage drop rate increased if they pass on the rubbish loot drops looool how utterly silly.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Random drops that need to be rolled on is a stupid concept to begin with. If we are talking about STF's then it should be everyone gets a 'container' with a random item; and bonus things such as EDC's should be given a Roll or Pass option. Everyone gets something; still get a random chance at extra(or pass to a fleetmate), and no one feels cheated.
I agree with the above would save a lot of upset players haha. i need what i need dont need it greed it most mmo's have the same system and if your in a pug i would say need all the time but let them know at the atart you will be needing on all decent items and for them to need too friends are different as they wont ninja the loot.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macerx View Post
I agree with the above would save a lot of upset players haha. i need what i need dont need it greed it most mmo's have the same system and if your in a pug i would say need all the time but let them know at the atart you will be needing on all decent items and for them to need too friends are different as they wont ninja the loot.
Agreed, the only time I click pass is when I'm with fleet friends, or the loot isn't worth the effort of storing
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Something very very important to underline here.

People are not necessarily rolling NEED on items for their captains. In ground areas, items dropped might be extremely useful for a person' Officers and therefore, a NEED roll is logical I would think.

That's why I feel it should just be a PASS or ROLL system. Don't want the item? Pass on it. Want a chance at it? Roll on it.

Then, no one gets all "You took my loot" during group missions as often.

Cheers!
Simple_Solutions_Canuck
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_2099 View Post
That's why I feel it should just be a PASS or ROLL system. Don't want the item? Pass on it. Want a chance at it? Roll on it.

Then, no one gets all "You took my loot" during group missions as often.

Cheers!
Simple_Solutions_Canuck
Makes sense do me. Or you could just squint, and the need button might look sorta like a roll button. The good news is that, no matter what it says, clicking it will have the same effect. So, when Cryptic fails to do anything about it, you can still get your loot.