Lt. Commander
# 1 Felinoids in alien constructor
01-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Hello ppl.
I have a question.
When i started the game i wanted to take a Caitian, but it turned out that this race is better suited for ground combat, while i intended to make a spacer char.
I thought about making my own felinoid race, but couldn't found neither tails\ears, nor a possibility to make an approximately cat-like head...
Is it really impossible to do, or did i miss something here? Maybe i need to buy smth from c-store to have those parts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 10:46 AM
You can't duplicate C-Store races with the alien template. That's intentional.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
You can't duplicate C-Store races with the alien template. That's intentional.
Ahh, but there is no longer such a thing as C-Store races. PWI's policy appears to be give open access to all player races. Perhaps now that the pay wall has been lifted we can see some of these parts filter in.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Ahh, but there is no longer such a thing as C-Store races. PWI's policy appears to be give open access to all player races. Perhaps now that the pay wall has been lifted we can see some of these parts filter in.
Kllingon, Caitian, and Joined Trills are still in the C-Store as purchasable captain/player races.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Kllingon, Caitian, and Joined Trills are still in the C-Store as purchasable captain/player races.
My apologies then. I have spent too much time reading the Dev Tracker and too little time playing the game and browsing the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2012, 11:48 AM
It would be nice if, after purchasing the playable race on the C-store, you could get access to the races 'parts'. Almost like a costume unlock. I'd really like to make a 'Founder' or 'Shapeshifter' character, so I can change into the various major races at will, but the limiting factors are... well... limiting.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Same here... My intention was to make a FELINOID race, not duplicate a Caitian... Tail, ears and fur textures could be enough... Hell.. even tail alone could make me half happy (yes i am a crazy furry)...
Well... my hopes shattered... I have a lvl 11 human and start thinking about creating a humanlike alien, so i could change my char's outlook in case Cryptick will place yhose body parts in c-store .
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feklars_Hammer
It would be nice if, after purchasing the playable race on the C-store, you could get access to the races 'parts'. Almost like a costume unlock. I'd really like to make a 'Founder' or 'Shapeshifter' character, so I can change into the various major races at will, but the limiting factors are... well... limiting.
I made a pretty reasonable Odo with the Alien creator.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Oh, and btw...
Can anyone tell me if tailor's menu fetaures the same body part choises for chars made with alien creator as alien creator menu itself? In otehr words, will i be able to add\remove ears when speaking with tailor in mid-game?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Elegos- View Post
Oh, and btw...
Can anyone tell me if tailor's menu fetaures the same body part choises for chars made with alien creator as alien creator menu itself? In otehr words, will i be able to add\remove ears when speaking with tailor in mid-game?
I do not have any alien characters but it seems to work fine for alien bridge officers, so I do not see why not.