Lt. Commander
# 11
01-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
OOoohhh... Neeto!

Will there be "instructions" on how this new/revamped system will work? I understand it has something to do with purchasing the EMHs via EC, is that right? And that there are other Emergency X Holograms, not just Medical, right? Will these be purchased from Ferra (and the KDF equivalent Gorn dude) or elsewhere?
I have been a little concerned about how best to communicate it, to be honest.

The way it works is:
  • When you hit commendation Tier I in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 1000 EC a unique, non-tradable white photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.
  • When you hit commendation Tier II in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 10,000 EC a unique, non-tradable green photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.
  • When you hit commendation Tier III in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 100,000 EC a unique, non-tradable blue photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.
  • When you hit commendation Tier IV in Medical, Military or Engineering, you will be able to replicate for 1,000,000 EC a unique, non-tradable purple photonic-species Doctor, Assault Squad Officer or Damage Control Engineer.

Other notes:
  • You can have one of each rarity of each particular type of photonic officer, provided you qualify to replicate each officer and pay the requisite energy credits.
  • Photonic officers all have a new trait, "Photonic" - this is using a placeholder icon for now, but is getting its own later.
  • You literally use your replicator to make your officers - no going to the duty officer contact.
  • The duty officer assignments using EMHs have been updated to benefit from the new Photonic trait. Other assignments may later be made to use the Photonic trait as well.
  • The Federation holograms are humans. The KDF holograms are Gorn.
  • The non-Photonic traits a hologram has are fixed, but do change - in some cases - at higher qualities. For example, white holograms all have Stubborn, while the higher qualities do not.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Bring on the photonics!
01-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Awesome, I'm looking forward to it!

3.333 million EC to get all the holograms! That's one way to have an EC sink.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
tbh, 3.3 Mil is chicken change. quite a few of my toons have more than that..
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
not that hard to raise
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I have been a little concerned about how best to communicate it, to be honest.

The way it works is...
It seems pretty straightforward, so I don't understand your concern. I would suggest you make note of the replicator unlock in the Overview section of the DOff UI. Put it where you can see the rewards for each tier.

The system sounds awesome really. I like that they are "sold" by the replicator. That seems appropriate, some how.

I'm already T4 in Military and Engineering (just made the latter this morning when I did my pre-work DOff check-in, and one of my assignments from yesterday got a crit!). So "Yay Me!" -- More Purple DOffs!

And getting another blue Doctor to help me get Medical from T3 to T4 is gonna rock!

I can't wait! Gimmie now, gimmie now!

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agodlessdeath View Post
not that hard to raise
You don't have to tell me. I was the guy who had over 5000 emblems on just one of my characters pre-Season 5.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-19-2012, 01:00 PM
So, I take it we won't be getting Vulcan or Benzite EMHs like I had on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-19-2012, 01:25 PM
So, will the replicator now be available wherever we are? Because I noticed that when I visit my bridge, I can't get to it (which seems silly, since I'm on my ship).

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lau
So, I take it we won't be getting Vulcan or Benzite EMHs like I had on Tribble.
That indeed a bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agodlessdeath View Post
not that hard to raise
I don't think I've ever broken 6 million at one time. How do people keep getting these crazy amounts?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
So, will the replicator now be available wherever we are? Because I noticed that when I visit my bridge, I can't get to it (which seems silly, since I'm on my ship).

That indeed a bummer.

I don't think I've ever broken 6 million at one time. How do people keep getting these crazy amounts?
crazy amounts of EC? well, there are a few ways i do it

by repeating the last Breen FE (half-an-hour, less if you rush), i kept getting the unique shield (selling it at a vendor for 100,000, then going back to get another), meaning i can get 1 million EC easily within around 5 hours, probably less

also, selling unused Datachips on the exchange (some of them sell for hundreds of thousands, or even millions on the exchange at least, currently they do)
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
(Ab)using the exchange

What I mean is just collectiong stuff that's relatively easy to get in game (such as blue DOffs), and selling it for a lot of EC... a single blue DOff can sell for 1mil alone. In some cases, up to 3.5mil. And there are plenty of ways to get blue DOffs without real money... personally, I have multiple alts that run the Asylum missions whenever possible. Usually get a few Blues/Purples from that. Though soon Heretic is cutting down the refugee drop rate, so that might not be as effective in the future, but then will just find something else to sell