Lt. Commander
# 11
01-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
How about holodecks that work? Could open up a new aspect of Foundry missions that only work on your holodeck. The author would have the ability to override your own costume choices while running the mission, thus negating the chance of people running around ESD in cod pieces.
This idea I like...just don't see what it has to do with the thread.If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the thread about missions similar to the ones like Drozana's when we go back in time? Not just a simulation.
Lt. Commander
# 12 My apologies
01-19-2012, 07:25 PM
The time-travel loot would be best restricted to holodecks or trophies. I do accept the blame for partially hi-jacking the thread, but the two topics are indirectly linked.

It would be great if we could get costumes and items from every era imaginable, but for the sake of other players who value immersion, some should be restricted to proper times or locations. A starship captain wearing samurai armor with a machine gun drawn in the shipyard would be out of place to say the least. On your own ship or in "designated" holodeck areas such as those in the academy would be fine. While Captain Picard (or was it Riker, I don't remember exactly) did wear is uniform from Her Majesty's Navy on the bridge, it was only because an emergency had presented itself. Since STO went live there's only been one emergeny on ESD when the borg invaded.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
It wouldn't be Star Trek if we didn't get a trip to the modern era at least once.
So 2012.
I swear to god, if they implement this and I see somebody walking around looking like Picard in a man-thong, pretending to read 'War and Peace' on an iPad, I am holding you personally responsible.