Lt. Commander
Did I see right? Now us silvers can now buy EC limit increase to equal the paying gold players with just a measly 400 C-Points?

That's nice for us slivers but I feel bad for the golds that are still trying to justify paying Cryptic 15 dollars every month.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 04:11 PM
I'll give you the condensed reply I posted in one of the other threads on the subject: It doesn't bother me that Silvers can buy more Ship, BOFF, or Inventory slots, nor does it bother me that they can buy Respecs to equal the free ones I have; and it doesn't bother me that they can buy more EC space. It's all part of the FTP process.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Did I see right? Now us silvers can now buy EC limit increase to equal the paying gold players with just a measly 400 C-Points?

That's nice for us slivers but I feel bad for the golds that are still trying to justify paying Cryptic 15 dollars every month.
Don't, based off some simple math I did on 3 characters you can outfit them similar to a LTS for about HALF the costs, based off the purchase of the MAX inventory and bank slots, 6 Boff slots, The EC slots and 4 ship slots.

Mind you though it would get more pricey if you had more than 5 ish toons. However IF you can get your own fleet started you can circumvent the inventory issues with a Fleet bank that is expandable for EC.

One thing to note is that this is what they WANT you to do along with buying uniforms costume slots etc etc etc. IF you really want to get down to it you can grind the Dilithium and allow someone else to spend their cash on your stuff for you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2012, 07:02 PM
the only thing that bothers me about this is that Cryptic obviously wants F2Pers to stay F2P, instead of making the subscription an improvement over F2P in at least *some* areas.

We had bigger things to flame and whine about on the Forums in the last 2 Months, i don't think anybody will care about this little peanut.

My account has been devalued so much by all the F2P changes already, this Bank space thing is NOTHING compared to removing 30% of the currency of ALL players, or putting the Tier 3 Excelsior + Nebula in the C-Store. Not to mention that we old players have to pay the same increased C-Store prices as the new kids and the 400 C-Points from the LTA is just about enough to counter this inflation.

Anyway i played 2 Years now and i am still below the F2P EC limit, i very much doubt that Cryptic will make lots of money with this. This is an option for a ingame-rich minority of players who can't switch from monthly to F2P because of this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Let's be honest here. The only reason the game is "hybrid" and has a Gold and Silver options at all is because STO has so many LTS members. If it wasn't for all of them throwing a MAJOR fit if it happened this game would be completely FTP. The Gold benefits are there to try and appease those LTS members that have no option to drop their Subscription and go FTP.

As far as the EC increase, most players are lucky to have 2 million EC let alone 100 million or a billion. For most people the limit is meaningless. And while the prices on the Exchange are a little high right now once all the FTPers start selling there you can expect prices to drop - which is going to make vast EC amounts even less important.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah, PWE runs F2P games not hybrid games. They have no inerest in getting silver members turn to gold. Otherwise gold members would have more perks when it gomes to having to deal with the dilithium pay wall.