Lt. Commander
As the title says I moved my entire Cryptic folder across to another drive after my main C: drive got a bit crowded and now I am getting a 6Gb download again. Considering I have only a 10 Gb monthly allowance this is gonna cost me. Is there a file or something I am missing that is telling the server I have not got up to date files. All files were up to date after todays downtime..

Any suggestions would be appreciated..
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm2b2 View Post
As the title says I moved my entire Cryptic folder across to another drive after my main C: drive got a bit crowded and now I am getting a 6Gb download again. Considering I have only a 10 Gb monthly allowance this is gonna cost me. Is there a file or something I am missing that is telling the server I have not got up to date files. All files were up to date after todays downtime..

You moved the folder without re-installing to tell the game where you installed to? It's trying to re-download the whole game because it doesn't think you have it. If you go to the location it used to exist on your main drive I suspect you'll find that it's creating a new install for you. If you move the folder back, all will be well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Okay will try that although I had pointed my shortcuts to the new location. thx for response
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Okay will try that although I had pointed my shortcuts to the new location. thx for response
There is a registry pointer that point to folder. So you can change the short cut all you want. You also need to change registry entry, of course doing so can lead to major computer issues.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Or edit the shortcut to point at the new folder location.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
You did it wrong.

Windows doesn´t like you at all, when you just move installed programs around like you see fit. No matter how correctly you create the shortcuts. Shortcuts have no meaning but are only there for your convenience.

The only way this can actually work, apart from the obvious uninstall then reinstall in the new place, is by using symbolic links also called NTFS Junctions.

This is how I successfully did what you tried and just moved my client from the HD to the new SSD. Then created a junction pointing from the old folder to the new location.

Read up on it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2012, 02:51 AM
All I did was when I moved my cryptic folder to my d: drive was repin the sto.exe to my start menu, didn't have to mess about at all in the register. All runs fine with no issues set all.