Lt. Commander
# 11
01-20-2012, 07:08 AM
I always set my BOFF powers for keeping my shields beefed (Tac team1, Emer power to shields, Reverse shield polarity) and making my cannons shoot faster.

Then I mount twin cannons on the front with either a simple 360' cannon on the back or just a simple phaser.

Boring, but why fly in circles looking for broadsides when you can tear down a shield facing with one turbo-charged cannon salvo and only expose one shield facing yourself?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-20-2012, 07:09 AM
@ Nick_Riker

Not sure i can get the breen set at my level can i if so where do u get it. Im half way through romulan mission arc, not cardy space yet.

I dont have 3 aft slots this is tier 4 defiant.

Think i will stick to the weapons im using atm as im enjoying it all being cannons with no beams for a change.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-20-2012, 07:30 AM
You should probably be able to get the Breen set. You get it from doing the Deferi missions. Try looking in your journal to see if you have either Cold Call or Aiding the Deferi in there anywhere, or just try going right into the Deferi sector and seeing if you get hailed.

I hated those D'deridex ships. Polarize Hull is a great thing to have, it cuts their tractor beams. Attack Pattern Omega also helps somewhat. Also remember to shoot down those high-yield torps with a turret as soon as you see them.

Once you finish the Romulan storyline, you'll be going to DS9 and the Cardassian/Jem'hadar storyline. The Breen set really comes in handy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-20-2012, 07:37 AM
According to the mission list cold call is listed in the breen section which makes sense of course but minimum rank is rear admiral upper half 48. Which seems quite high because im sure i did the breen series at a much lower rank last year.

Im heading to defari space as i type but i highly doubt it will open up for me when i get there.

I can confirm that i cannot access the breen FE missions at captain rank as im in defari sector atm and no hails and nothing when i beam down to defari planet.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Riker
You should probably be able to get the Breen set. You get it from doing the Deferi missions. Try looking in your journal to see if you have either Cold Call or Aiding the Deferi in there anywhere, or just try going right into the Deferi sector and seeing if you get hailed.

I hated those D'deridex ships. Polarize Hull is a great thing to have, it cuts their tractor beams. Attack Pattern Omega also helps somewhat. Also remember to shoot down those high-yield torps with a turret as soon as you see them.

Once you finish the Romulan storyline, you'll be going to DS9 and the Cardassian/Jem'hadar storyline. The Breen set really comes in handy.
They changed mission progression so you can't do the Breen missions until Rear Admiral Upper Half.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot-Cancer View Post
They changed mission progression so you can't do the Breen missions until Rear Admiral Upper Half.
Well that's dumb. I know they want to have more endgame, but the Breen set is pretty useless after you have access to Borg, MACO and Omega sets.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Riker
Well that's dumb. I know they want to have more endgame, but the Breen set is pretty useless after you have access to Borg, MACO and Omega sets.
Not pretty useless, it IS useless.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
Not pretty useless, it IS useless.
Not quite useless, and you can get them by doing only 3 missions. No Dilithium (Aegis), don't cost 15 EDCs which take 15 runs on STFs (Borg), and finally they don't take major grinding of STFs unless you get really lucky (60 EDCs MK X MACO/Omega/Honor Guard).

So while I don't like them being moved, it's still a very easy way to get a nice set.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Feel free to check out my current Defiant set up. I find it works great for Elite STFs.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=207440