Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Will not launch
01-19-2012, 04:26 PM
I've been searching for this specific issue, and while there are some that are similar, no one i can find seems to share this particular problem. If you find a solution elsewhere please let me know, but here is my problem.

I have installed (and reinstalled) the game, and logged in at the launcher and patched normally. But when i click ENGAGE, the game doesn't load. I see the cursor thinks for a bit, then stops. I get no loading screen, no black screen, no nothing. I load up task manager and find nothing in programs, but in processes there is gameclient.exe running but taking no cpu and exactly 18mb ram space. (i have as many of those running as many times i clicked the engage button and restarted the launcher)

I have tried a lot of suggestions to other issues that might have been related, but no luck so far.
a few system specs to help.

Win 7 64-bit
i52500k @3.4ghz
twin 560 ti's in SLI
8gb gskill ram

let me know if anything else might help. Would like to play with my brother but he's now two days ahead of me since I can't load the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raijin63 View Post
I've been searching for this specific issue, and while there are some that are similar, no one i can find seems to share this particular problem. If you find a solution elsewhere please let me know, but here is my problem.

I have installed (and reinstalled) the game, and logged in at the launcher and patched normally. But when i click ENGAGE, the game doesn't load. I see the cursor thinks for a bit, then stops. I get no loading screen, no black screen, no nothing. I load up task manager and find nothing in programs, but in processes there is gameclient.exe running but taking no cpu and exactly 18mb ram space. (i have as many of those running as many times i clicked the engage button and restarted the launcher)

I have tried a lot of suggestions to other issues that might have been related, but no luck so far.
a few system specs to help.

Win 7 64-bit
i52500k @3.4ghz
twin 560 ti's in SLI
8gb gskill ram

let me know if anything else might help. Would like to play with my brother but he's now two days ahead of me since I can't load the game.
If you haven't already, please submit a ticket for this.
http://support.crypticstudios.com/startrekonline
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Ok support ticket open, surprised that more people haven't seen this before, my computer setup is rather new and I haven't had issues like this with any other games.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
If you haven't already, please submit a ticket for this.
http://support.crypticstudios.com/startrekonline
Does that support link still work? The support option from the main website now goes to Perfect World's support site, so I thought the Cryptic one is now defunct. If not, that's great, because I don't have a PW account and therefore can't submit out-of-game tickets...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Yep, basically if you don;t have a PWE account say goodbye to getting out of game support outside of the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2012, 01:09 PM
So it still seems like no one else has run into this issue, I don't know what else to try. I had read some other somewhat similar launch problem, and some people claimed it was pando media booster that was the issue. but i have no idea if that is related at all or how to repair it if it is the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raijin63 View Post
So it still seems like no one else has run into this issue, I don't know what else to try. I had read some other somewhat similar launch problem, and some people claimed it was pando media booster that was the issue. but i have no idea if that is related at all or how to repair it if it is the problem.
It actually sounds to me like there's some other process on your computer that's halting it. If you haven't already, please try rebooting your computer.

If that doesn't work, I've got some steps that might help figure out what's wrong, if you're willing.

1. Edit your shortcut to the game. To the end of the Target: line add -console.
2. This will open a DOS-style console window while your launcher does its thing.
3. Start up the game; click Engage.

Now, wait a bit. I'd like to know if the console window goes away before you experience the hanging, or if it sticks around.

If it DOES stick around, you can copy and paste the last few lines of information in it and that should help us see what's wrong.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Well, I tried with the console up, but sadly it did not stay up once i hit engage. I've disabled everything i can think of on my computer... not sure what could be shutting it down. Here is a copy paste of what shows up in the console before I click engage, but I would assume a lot of this is normal. Let me know if you see anything to help .

[F:/Games/STO/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online.exe] [Debug] [x86]
console 1
Ready.
Connecting to patchserver.crypticstudios.com:7255
PatchClientLib: connecting to patchserver.crypticstudios.com:7255
PatchClientLib: redirecting to 208.95.184.116:7255
PatchClientLib: skipping unneeded autoupdate CrypticLauncherST
PatchClientLib: successfully connected
AutopatchDialog thread shutting down
While finding unique IPs, converted controllertracker.crypticstudios.com to 208.
While finding unique IPs, converted controllertracker0.crypticstudios.com to 208
While finding unique IPs, converted controllertracker1.crypticstudios.com to 208
While finding unique IPs, converted controllertracker2.crypticstudios.com to 208
While finding unique IPs, converted controllertracker3.crypticstudios.com to 208
While finding unique IPs, converted controllertracker4.crypticstudios.com to 208
While finding unique IPs, converted controllertracker5.crypticstudios.com to 208
While finding unique IPs, converted controllertracker6.crypticstudios.com to 208
While finding unique IPs, converted controllertracker7.crypticstudios.com to 208
While finding unique IPs, converted controllertracker8.crypticstudios.com to 208
While finding unique IPs, converted controllertracker9.crypticstudios.com to 208
Patch: Got command FIX_STATE
Patch: Got command START_PATCH Startrek:Holodeck
startPatch, current root (null) new Startrek:Holodeck
Connecting with root F:/Games/STO/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live
PatchClientLib: connecting to patchserver.crypticstudios.com:7255
PatchClientLib: redirecting to 208.95.184.117:7255
PatchClientLib: skipping unneeded autoupdate CrypticLauncherST
PatchClientLib: successfully connected
PatchClientLib: Using HTTP patching: server stohttppatch.crypticstudios.com port
80 prefix Startrek
Loading manifest: F:/Games/STO/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/.patch/Star
trekClient.manifest...done
Loading hoggs...done. (0.09)
Deleting files...done (0 deleted). (0.00)
Deleting rogue files...done (0 deleted). (0.00)
Examining hoggs...done. (0.23)
Total transfer: 289

(as i launch there is one more line that appears right before both the console and the launcher, it's tough to read but i know it mentioned Path :gotcommand then ended with holodeck something. sorry it goes too fast.)
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-20-2012, 11:07 PM
So i had a small success in getting the console to stay up after pressing launch by adding it into the command line within the launcher options frame. so here is what i see in the console within gameclient.exe

[F:/Games/STO/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/GameClient.exe] [Debug] [x86
]

RefSystem: Creating NormalHandles table, size 64.
done. (0.17)
Loading logo... done. (0.00)
Preloading DLLs...

that's where it stops. let me know if anyone has any thoughts on what to do.
Ensign
# 10
04-27-2014, 06:37 AM
I've had the same problem for at least two months with NO FIX IN SIGHT. I'm having to use a friends computer at the moment. If the problem doesn't get fixed soon I will have no choice but to delete my account.