Lt. Commander
I just bought a logictech g700 mouse and I'm having trouble mapping out the buttons with key binds.

The mouse has 13 programmable buttons and i can't seem to figure out how to map them...

I did figure out one button - what the game refers to as "mouse button 4" corresponds with what the mouse lists as mouse button 4. So I have had success in assigning that button to various things. But that is the only button I seem to be able to program. So, when I try "mouse button 5" for say full impulse or scan, I have tried to press every mouse button but it doesn't do anything.

If anyone can help me to understand why this is happening, I would appreciate. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm assuming you have the SetPoint software installed.

Make sure the profile your editing is the same profile that the mouse is using.

Look in-game for whatever key you want to use on the mouse. Then open the profile with the SetPoint software and assign the mouse button a keystroke assignment. That easy

For example, I open SetPoint, load my STO profile. And for the G6 button on the mouse I assigned it to Keystoke "x". Because in my game keybinds, "x" is used on the ground to zoom in.

You can change every button on the mouse to do whatever you want, except the Left Click button.

Like I said, just make sure the mouse is using your STO profile, just because you edited the profile with the SetPoint software does not mean that's the profile the mouse has loaded.

Open Profile Manager, then click Onboard Memory on the right and load your STO profile to the mouse on-board memory. From there you can see what LED position represents that profile. OR you can have the STO profile auto-load when you start the game with Application Detection.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Just a FYI in case you have not looked yet.
Firmware should be v22.35
SetPoint should be v5.46.10
Driver should be v5.33.14
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 04:11 AM
Wow, thanks for such a detailed response. I'm on my way to work, but I'll try to check it out late tonight or tomorrow. I didn't think you'd have to map keystrokes, I thought the game would automatically detect mouse buttons. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2012, 06:40 AM
This works, thank you.

I assigned a button to full impulse, but when assigning "throttle back," it doesn't get you out of impulse. Is there a mapping I can do to get me out of impulse without having to click on the screen?