Lt. Commander
# 81
01-21-2012, 08:49 AM
It'd be nice if the hour of the daily restart changed a bit from time to time so it isn't from 17 to 18 in my timeframe everyday. I don't mean to plan it for my country. I only mean that changing it a bit from time to time would be nice for people living in diferent hour zones.
Lt. Commander
# 82 downtime
01-21-2012, 08:51 AM
i hope we are going to have a little money back for all these closures, four times this week i have tried to login and get the server down for maintainence, why am i paying for a game that is always down, surely these closures could be done in the middle of the night, other games have seperate servers for when closures are needed, i bet i have lost a days gameplay in the last month with all the closures, i think those in charge need to pull there heads out and sort out this problem, they should be able to have a duplicate system set up for when closures are needed, it shouldn't be a problem with money, they get enough, maybe they should lower the subscription we pay in ratio to downtime, not happy.
Lt. Commander
# 83
01-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Not update... simple maintenance.
Yeah, just cleaning the ashtrays. wiping the windows, sweeping the floor, Lubing the gears and chaning the oil.... You'd think that in the 21st century they'd have found some way to do that kind of stuff without downtime or something.....

Anyway... i think cryptic is a little surprised by or unprepared for the number of players that came with the f2p launch....

Them network admins went and then when f2p went live.... and i guess they're trying to fix that and calling it maintenance... thats what i think.
Lt. Commander
# 84
I played BSGO before coming over to STO, and beleive me you dont no how lucky you are on here, At least there trying to keep the servers running smoothly on here.
Lt. Commander
# 85
I think their should be a law, or a regulation instituted by the FCC that forces all MMO's companies to take their game down for at least 1 hour everyday.

It should not be allowed for a game to remain online for more than 23 hours straight under any circumstance.
Lt. Commander
# 86 Maintenance Complete!
The maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience.
Closed Thread