Lt. Commander
# 31
01-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Really is a beautiful shot, and I really can't wait to play in that map with the new suit which is so cool, we've wanted EVA suits for ever! lol

Big thanks to all the team behind the work on this!
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelchall
and remember, a hole in an EVA suit can be "fixed" by simply tying a tourniquet above the point of the leak.
To inject a little reality here, the difference in pressure between an EVA suit at Earth Sea Level pressure and vacuum is a little less than half of the difference in pressure between the inside and the outside of a properly-inflated automobile tire. Anything that can stop (or slow) the loss of air from a tire puncture would be adequate for an EVA suit puncture.

As for "fixing" with a tourniquet, if your suit is leaking and the leak can not be stopped, it may be preferable to seal off the leaking section and lose half an arm to the vacuum than to let your entire atmosphere escape and suffocate.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Glad to see STO still dresses to impress.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-21-2012, 04:06 AM
Awesome! I want to play it right now!!!
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-21-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardigm
How are we to call down an orbital bombardment when ships don't actually get in orbit of the space station?
your worried about that? Even though since launch we have been firing orbital strikes inside underground bases?

But back to the pic: OMG I cant wait!!! I want it now!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Oh...my god

Cryptic, I love you.

Time to begin my comment o' curiosity. What is that device in front of the player? Do we get to keep the EVA suits? Please say yes. Can we customize the colour scheme of the EVA suits? Will there be an actual Zero-G environment? (I.E. if we kill an enemy he flies of the stations hull etc. I get that the player will be using gravity/magnetic boots like those seen in ST: UC and ST: FC) Will we be able to walk along the docking ring and look at the defiant from the outside (also, can we actually get the defiant placed at the DS9 docking berth when we enter the system?)? Will we be able to see ships flying around the station/at the docking pylons as we walk around the hull? Will we see EVA teams and worker bees working near the base of the upper pylons, like in the opening credits of the series?
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-21-2012, 09:23 AM
I wonder if this is going to be your basic ground map that requires EVA, or some zero-g physics is going to be involved? Like you flying away if you dare to jump.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvane View Post
I wonder if this is going to be your basic ground map that requires EVA, or some zero-g physics is going to be involved? Like you flying away if you dare to jump.
I'd so jump :p
Closed Thread