Lt. Commander
Last week, I entered a thread seeking a fleet; for a little over a week, there had only been one that even spoke to me. Don't get me wrong, this is not sour grapes; after all I gained a reputation in my dealings with the VKF.

Many may see me as the Notorious, double headed snake and this could definately be a reason fleets passed me by, however if you are not willing to meet me on the forums...then do not try to recruit me on the network.

I'm sure there are several other players running around the STO galaxy with similar experiences. It may actually be best that I stay independant.
Lt. Commander
My SO and I were discussing starting a fleet called "Independent" or "I don't want to join your fleet" just to block the invites. We can't go anywhere without random people throwing invites at us.

Dear fleets: IF YOU'RE INVITING EVERY RANDOM PLAYER YOU MEET, YOU DON"T HAVE THE PLAYER QUALITY I"M LOOKING FOR!

It's like walking up to a stranger in a bar and asking for marriage without so much as a "Hello." I admit I've been less than cordial to the 5th or 6th one in an hour , I've gone off on a few. I feel bad afterwards.

Fleet invite blocking can't come fast enough.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2012, 11:11 AM
This is not the fleet board.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2012, 12:12 PM
man! i'm looking forward to jumping back in the game, if only to get a thousand "join my lame fleet" requests.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2012, 06:40 PM
You can block fleet invites.

Assimilated Initiative has been giving a free pet i.e Taarg Pup or Borg Doff, to all recruits. We've not been advertising it in order to get the recruits, that is not my intention right now either.

My reason for creating the offer, was for the sake of any player that was blinded by a sudden invite in the face but still joined.

I'm an idiot on this forum, well my little cousin is but it is my account so I'm still known as being crazy. Despite that I'm always trying to support newbies, give out freebies worth millions and help when I can. That is what a fleet means to me so don't just dimiss the idea of being in a fleet totally. We have a lot to offer.

The game is also going to change and provide fleet only content. Fleet bases are under season 6 header, there could be a lot of fun in it. Joining a fleet now might get you ranked up in that fleet in time for when fleet content comes and you'll get some sort of say in how the fleet operates.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
This is not the fleet board.
I understand that this is not the fleet board. I did this as to not clutter the fleet recruiting board (recruitment and those wanting to be recruited is what it was intended for). I may be recently back from a long absence, but I'm not new. But when most fleets dont even bother visiting their own recruitment blog or fleet page then what was the purpose of creating one.

After seeing the pages and the few active fleets left, I'm glad I'm not in one. Having one person out of 100 members show up and bump your forum and yet noone is active on your own fleetpage doesn't make a very good sales pitch for new players to join. Others just popping fleets and inviting everyone without a title (showing a fleet) doesn't say much about the fleet either.

With the way things seem to be going with the fleets (in general, there are always exceptions); I'm seriously considering bringing back the Jevonite Order.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
I understand that this is not the fleet board. I did this as to not clutter the fleet recruiting board (recruitment and those wanting to be recruited is what it was intended for). I may be recently back from a long absence, but I'm not new. But when most fleets dont even bother visiting their own recruitment blog or fleet page then what was the purpose of creating one.

After seeing the pages and the few active fleets left, I'm glad I'm not in one. Having one person out of 100 members show up and bump your forum and yet noone is active on your own fleetpage doesn't make a very good sales pitch for new players to join. Others just popping fleets and inviting everyone without a title (showing a fleet) doesn't say much about the fleet either.

With the way things seem to be going with the fleets (in general, there are always exceptions); I'm seriously considering bringing back the Jevonite Order.
How exactly do you know what is happening in all fleets?

3 months after my fleet Assimilated Initiative was created, the roster was half full and we had 20 online at any time. 6 months later the roster of 500 slots was full and we had 30 online. F2P is bringing that back again and fleets like my own will step up more. We even cancelled out the idea of a website the way the game was going, but now it's all become more serious again, a real hobby and we're building fleets to be proud of.

Assimilated Initiative just opened the doors for not only new players to join us but for those players to put money into the fleet for a great site and online ads etc. Those players then become high ranked and known as fleet founders.

We are starting over, many fleets will be also. I suggest you rethink your opinion and talk to more fleets who might be able to help improve your STO experience.

I don't think this thread needs moved. It's not fleet recruitment, it is about how fleets are operating in the game and a players perception. Maybe many players! I never recruit through the forum however, we talk to people in game when we see them playing and PM them. That is what you could have experienced, the fact that many fleets will do the same rather than constantly coming to the forum for recruitment that needs to go back to the game anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2012, 11:34 AM
How exactly do you know what is happening in all fleets?[/u]

I don't know all fleets, remember that in every general topic; there are exceptions to the rule. As I mentioned first post that if it doesn't apply water off a ducks back (ie. let it slide).

We are starting over, many fleets will be also. I suggest you rethink your opinion and talk to more fleets who might be able to help improve your STO experience. I never recruit through the forum however, we talk to people in game when we see them playing and PM them.

Allow me to make a suggestion (for your fleet's consideration). Although I agree the best way to recruit is team up with non-affiliated players and play for a while before inviting...STO forums are in many instances the first contact made with new players. I don't think running around inviting people is effective, however showing prospects that "this fleet is active and alive" and reading things on fleet pages shows activity and at least a pulse. You could also think about posting a general timeline of which members (character name/rank) will be on the game in order for appropriate lvl players can seek out to team up.

That is what you could have experienced, the fact that many fleets will do the same rather than constantly coming to the forum for recruitment that needs to go back to the game anyway. Since 17 Jan, I've been invited to 4 fleets, but none actually teamed up with me and don't even know me...to me that is a waste and only wanting a number count rather than forming a friendship in game..
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2012, 12:59 PM
I actually prefer the soloing aspect of STO... that really lends to the whole concept of trekking... i mean you never really saw other ships... outside of ds9.
Lt. Commander
# 10 How to block fleet invites.
01-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
You can block fleet invites.
How? I've looked on the social screen. I can see blocking team invites but not fleets. If you can enlighten me I shall spread the word.

Thanks in advance.