Lt. Commander
# 11
01-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
I'm sorry but I need to ask: where did you get this official info from?

What I've got is basically "something might happen" and nothing else:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/new...eply&p=3931099
You need to stay up on the Dev blogs.

D'Angelo stated very clearly that whats on tap for 2012 as the MINIMUM wth be 2 FE's and the KDF Revamp.. Dev post 9,10, and 11 are the ones you need to check I belive.. Go read them.

,,,....... And please D'Angelo is NOT Stahl.. He'ss not trying to sell us on the world is coming up roses. Heck for that matter running the STO shop at cryptic might not even what he wants to be doing. But so far he comes across as someone who absoloutly refuses to stick his neck out there any more then he needs to, and apprently belives in promising only what he's aboslutly certain can be delivered on. He may not be as exciting or flashy as Stahl, aand certainly communicates how ever reluctantly much less (and has managed to show at least once thet he did not do his reserch) but I trust him a bit more..

Please do undersatand I'm NOT going to belive it untill I see it. Theres been far to many dissapointments to the KDF over the last 2 years. But he is in a position of haaving to deliver. Failure to do so could have ruinous concequences. Perfect World International, owner of Perfect World entertainment, owner of Cryptic Studio's is a bit of a multi media company and would be very very unhappy to see a subsidiary operation do something that might hurt PWI's standing and REPUTATION. China based corporaation remember? Many cultural diferences.. some strange to western eyes.. but reputation is everything...

Cryptic simply does't have any wiggle room on this one.. Perfect world specificly mentioned Klingon faction development in thier press release months back announcing thier aquistion of Cryptic... without being asked about it... They were aware of this particular issue even when they purchased the studio. One that I might add then EP Danial Stahl had firmly back burnered by then.. which by the way might have had more to do with him heading off to do some work for Zinga then would be apparent. He's back at cryptic but NOT as EP. You need to ask your self why that is? He's obviously qualified so why is he not back as EP? I'm going to venture a guess that is because PW dowsn't want him back as EP. That is not the message they want to send. New owners, New policies. They are not going to tell cryptic how to do thier job. But unlike Atari, PWI, and thier US corporate entity PWE are in the actuall online game business with other studios, and internal folks developing content for other titles. It's immateriaal if you like thier asian stsyle business model. They're doing things differently with thier games in the US... but thats the dollars and cents end of what they do. They know games. And obviously do sufficiently well to have not only purchased Cryptic studio's but to have offered Atari sufficient money to bail Atari out of the financial hole they had dug themselves through bad management of thier assets, and poor feduciary judgement.

Considering what they paid they have shown utterly noteworthy corporate restraint. Most american corporations would have sacked most if not all of the studio's management team within the first 3 months..
... just to exert and establish thier control.

You gotta respect that. Because its going to be years getting a full return on that investment.

We will see the KDF faction become what it should have always been in 2012. Now yes, there is a lot of reading between the lines and a life time of experiece in the business world. A bit of eduacted guess work and carefull culling of known facts . I hope this answers your question as to what I base my opinion on fully.

Khemaraa sends.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-14-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
You need to stay up on the Dev blogs.

D'Angelo stated very clearly that whats on tap for 2012 as the MINIMUM wth be 2 FE's and the KDF Revamp.. Dev post 9,10, and 11 are the ones you need to check I belive.. Go read them.
I did.
And I just realized I gave a link that's not exactly the best one to give so here's the correct one:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...9&postcount=96

unfortunately it also shows that his comment is from the "Season 5 Dev Diary #11" thread

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...246676&page=10
(Post #96)

and that it's actually more current that the blog itself.
So IMO it overrides what was said in the blogs.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
You can level from start to LG on story content with a gap of about 5 levels at BG/MG if I remember correctly.
To achieve this though, KDF toons start at commander rank and all the missions give 5 oir 6 times as much experience I think.

We have more ship options, but a good 50% or more of them are c-store ships not obtainable ingame (unless you count the dilithium-cpoint exchange)

I wasn't here at launch, so I can't compare, but it's still a long way behind the federation, IMHO.
Well, I might have a Klingon ship or two to offer them design wise
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptNebuchadnezzar
Well, I might have a Klingon ship or two to offer them design wise
Several of us do.
Problem is they told us explicitly we're not allowed to send in ships and they're not allowed to take them.