Lt. Commander
# 51
01-21-2012, 05:24 PM
It would've been easier to put the Ambassador between the Excelsior and Galaxy if there was a LTJG Tier. But in this case it is a difficult decision, having it another T3 Cruiser or a T4 Cruiser.

Only way I could figure how they could add the Ambassador is if they allowed lower tiers to have Tactical / Assault Cruisers or Science Cruisers.

For Example:

Tier 2:

Tactical Cruiser: Freedom-class
Cruiser: Consitution and Varients
Science Cruiser: Constellation-class

Tier 3:

Tactical Cruiser: New Orleans
Cruiser: Excelsior and Cheyenne
Science Cruiser - Apollo

Tier 4:

Tactical Cruiser: Yeager
Cruiser: Galaxy
Science Cruiser: Elkins

The other possibily:

Doing similar to Tier 3 with the Excelsior and the Cheyenne and make the Ambassador an alternative to the Galaxy, but with a different capability.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Yup, love me some Ambassador class.

Maybe one day.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
First of all welcome. Second of all, never think that because you are new you cant question the Devs, because thats completely wrong. Anyway, to answer your question they simply havent gotten around to it yet, but it is supposedly coming.
As the Nagus said welcome to STO!

@ Nagus

Yes but a lot of things have supposedly "been coming" for a year now. For example the next FE or the revamp of the KDF (im not talking about the level shift either 8P )
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
As the Nagus said welcome to STO!

@ Nagus

Yes but a lot of things have supposedly "been coming" for a year now. For example the next FE or the revamp of the KDF (im not talking about the level shift either 8P )
Which is exactly why I used the word "supposedly"
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbroome
I am new to the game, so far be it for me to question Cryptic, but since the Connie (and variants) and the Excelsior (and variants) are in the game, why isn't the Ambassador class in the game? They could do the one seen in TNG and possibly a variant based upon Rick Sternbach's drawing (the one that is in the new Ships of the Line 2012 calendar). Just a thought.
Been on my request list a long time.. hopefully someday soon
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbroome
I am new to the game, so far be it for me to question Cryptic, but since the Connie (and variants) and the Excelsior (and variants) are in the game, why isn't the Ambassador class in the game? They could do the one seen in TNG and possibly a variant based upon Rick Sternbach's drawing (the one that is in the new Ships of the Line 2012 calendar). Just a thought.
The Ambassador class will be coming to a C-Store near you. Soon™