Lt. Commander
# 21
01-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddei
It's not that I object to the servers being down more often than a depressed emo, it's the fact that nobody explains why and that they usually manage to pick a prime-time for us EU users.
The reason they come at that specific time is due to population. It's not because that's when they are in the office, or because that's when it's convenient to them. It's because it's the time that's most convenient to the most amount of people. The least amount of UU's happen around that time, which is why mait happens then, it sucks for users in that primetime region, but it's all about please the most, and angering the least.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
The least amount of UU's happen around that time, which is why mait happens then, it sucks for users in that primetime region, but it's all about please the most, and angering the least.
This majority-rules-argument is really unworthy for every democratic society, as they always respect their minorities.
In addition your arguments are based on a assumption because cryptic never told us the real spreading of customers. If you taking in to consideration, that EU-players are paying much more per player than other players you might lose your argument at all.
But: the maintance time from 16-17 utc isn`t bad for eu-players. Most people are still working, and for those not working it doesn`t matter if it`s 10-11 or 16-17.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-21-2012, 11:55 PM
oh em gee, I can't play my game for an hour tomorrow, will no one save me from my first world problems?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-22-2012, 12:07 AM
I see it... It's the new dailly. I say: DILITHIUM

And the usual pro and con rage. Guys... At least respect each others opinions... I mean... it can't get much worse than it already is.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-22-2012, 12:52 AM
not funny at all, 7 days in a row.

you're bluffing Martoni
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Dear Cryptic,
If you guys expect a daily need for maintenance over the next week as well, would you consider shifting the downtimes around a few times? I understand that this timeframe affects the least amount of players worldwide, but still, causing inconvenience to the same group of users repeatedly can't be a good idea. I think other timezones could easily take a downtime every now and then without much of an issue, and this would help easing the annoyance of your European players.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-22-2012, 01:40 AM
I don't mind an hour downtime so much. What's funny is that there are still people bringing the "least amount of users" argument, even if this was the explanation for the old (!) maintenance time around noon/early afternoon UTC, and they don't even question that
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-22-2012, 02:20 AM
Come on Cryptic, this is ridiculous!
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-22-2012, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamapla View Post
Why cryptic do so many restarts at the last time?
This is a question I'm wondering myself at the moment.
It would be appreciated if Cryptic would give us an explanation. it would clear up many discussion and questions people are throwing around on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-22-2012, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
The reason they come at that specific time is due to population. It's not because that's when they are in the office, or because that's when it's convenient to them. It's because it's the time that's most convenient to the most amount of people. The least amount of UU's happen around that time, which is why mait happens then, it sucks for users in that primetime region, but it's all about please the most, and angering the least.
Spoken like someone who lives in the States,go figure
Closed Thread