Lt. Commander
# 21
01-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Uh actually we've given out our c-store points to brand new people, to old people and the likes. While we consider some of our listeners our friends, we do NOT play favorites at all.

The next contest is at 2pm PST, 2200 GMT with BigMike if you don't believe me tune in or join our chat /channel_join SSR in game and ask
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Interesting you would say that.

We have a number of contests going and the one on our website for the 1,000 C-Store points will be a random drawing. Nice thing about this is we will have our bot pick a random number and that will match the post, and the winner. This will be done in the public chat channel.

The contest we did with Massively and Cryptic on Tuesday we gave out 1,000 C-Store points and the individual who won wasn't even a friend or listener.

The other contests we have throughout the week are contests our DJ's decided to put on themselves and they are going to choose winners based off the criteria set. Matter of fact one contest was a trivia contest. One of our long time supporters was the winner, not because he is a friend, but because he knew the answers before other people.

Sorry you feel the way you do TheTrekkingAngel but it's bad form to come on a forum and accuse folks of doing something when we are very open on how the "prizes" are given out. But since I don't recognize your name and I pretty much know the regular names in our chat I will assume you know nothing about us, Subspace Radio, and maybe you should give a listen or visit our site before you try to make accusations that are totally unfounded.

Now back on track though, be sure and check out the shows we have going on and your chance to win points of various amounts.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Speaking of prizes. After DJ Lethann's high energy set, I went on air and brought back the DJ Hide and Seek event. I was quite pleased with how well it was received.

Listeners (new and old) came out to dance at Quark's bar to the trance and dance tunes on the radio. Later it was time for DJ Hide and Seek, a game that is half scavenger hunt, half hide and seek. Our listeners gleefully raced across the galaxy (often in hilariously wrong directions) in their quest fo find SSR's DJ aCe and Cryptic's own ZeroneousRex.

Afterwards, the party moved to Earth Space Dock. DJ Yumene took over and raised the tempo while helping some of the new comers with the details of tribble breeding. DJ TacehT, followed up and brought down the house with a live mixed set of Tech and Deep House.

All in all an awesome night.

Prizes given out during DJ Hide and Seek:
At least 500k energy credits
Multiple hortas
At least 5 8 hour xp boot tokens
A lot of crafting mats (both common and trace signatures)

In the end, Torin Dar won out over the rest and will be receiving a copy of the "Needs of the Many" Start Trek Online book.

There's lots more going on in Subspace Radio's coverage of the F2P launch. Keep it tuned in, show up, and most importantly have fun!

~ Erroch
Lt. Commander
# 24 Pure Awesomeness
01-19-2012, 05:59 PM
It was great, being a part of something amazing. 24 hours of having DJ's instead of jukebox. And boy, the schedule is looking good too. Im especially interested in the Tribble breeding... i. uhh... have quite a few.
Tribble!
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusDitori
It was great, being a part of something amazing. 24 hours of having DJ's instead of jukebox. And boy, the schedule is looking good too. Im especially interested in the Tribble breeding... i. uhh... have quite a few.
Tribble!
24 Hours? We almost hit 72 hours continuous DJ coverage before we needed to let Tribble (our jukebox) pop in for air. This afternoon it starts again, won't make a peep if we can help it.

The continuous block starts at 22:00 GMT today (that's 4AM Central for us US folk) all the way until DJ Javan finishes us out 07:00 GMT on Monday (1AM US Central)

I'm a DJ, not a clock watcher, so my GMT to Central translations may be a hair off.

Check the F2P Coverage Page on the Subspace-Radio forums (http://www.subspace-radio.net) for a map of who's on when. Still quite a lot of C-Store points to give away, and part 2 of DJ Yumene's tribble breeding tutorial.

~ E
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-21-2012, 12:25 AM
It's the weekend! And we've DJs on air now, and in the future, hell up next is 6 hours of TH3R34P3R! Crazy dude Reaper is. Always has a kick *** show
Lt. Commander
# 27 Pure Awesomeness
01-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Yeah! Th3R34P3R is awesome! so many great DJ's! And better still.. if you want to be a SSR dj, you can! sign up today on subspace-radio.net and click recruitment.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-21-2012, 08:01 AM
This weekend is going to be crazy at Subspace Radio! Have a 1,500 c-point give away in just a few hours, with the 1,000 contest coming to an end today as well, and tomorrow a wopping 2,000 point give away!

the schedule is located at http://subspace-radio.net just click the big slideshow banner for details.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Free To Play Week still going strong on Subspace Radio!
DJ Jhen will end the week with my show.. The Blue Frequency on monday night.. 9pm central, 0000 Gmt!
This andorian will be giving away 500 C-Store points on my show.. and many more points to give away between now and then!
Stay frosty, my friends and remember.. BLUE IS BETTER!