Lt. Commander
One has one charge, is bind on equip, and summons a level 51 beam turret, the other has 20 charges and also summons a beam turret, so whats the deal?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevn
One has one charge, is bind on equip, and summons a level 51 beam turret, the other has 20 charges and also summons a beam turret, so whats the deal?
You forgot the preorder/collector's editon version that has no charges but takes up your tactical console slot. That's awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2012, 02:27 PM
You sure it has 20 charges? They're supposed to come in stacks of 20, with one charge each. Heretic did just fix a set of assignments that were giving them individually, maybe he reverted them to the 20 charge versions that used to be on Tribble?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2012, 04:38 PM
I am certain, I have one that binds on equip and launches 1 turret and is then used up, and one that can be used 20 times before disappearing and does not bind. They both have the same image and tooltip, and appear to spawn the same turret.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2012, 06:42 PM
The one with charges is the old version. They changed it to be 20 separate items instead of 1 with 20 charges so that it was easier to put them up on the exchange and not scam people by putting up a turret with 1/20 charges left, or to vendor them for full price after almost using it up.

They didn't change or get rid of any old versions you might have though. They still work the same, you just can't get the old 20 charge ones anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
You forgot the preorder/collector's editon version that has no charges but takes up your tactical console slot. That's awesome.
No that is not a Satellite turret, that is a ship weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
You sure it has 20 charges? They're supposed to come in stacks of 20, with one charge each. Heretic did just fix a set of assignments that were giving them individually, maybe he reverted them to the 20 charge versions that used to be on Tribble?
Yes this correct.

Buy 5 on exchange then 10, you can stack them to 20.

But there are some that are visually a single item, no number then when equipped they allow 20 uses. My guess was that the developers went one way, then decided to go another. I can't think of the reason for having two types, it just creates confusion.

While we're here please raise it to 100 in the stack or get this item in c-store. Unlimited use, I would buy one for each character for around 250. Know what would be cool, ability to equip a ship shield to a c-store version as in improve it. Deflector and even add the weapon of choice, maybe 2 like a torp and a beam.

Now I think about it, I would pay 500 for such an item.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
But there are some that are visually a single item, no number then when equipped they allow 20 uses. My guess was that the developers went one way, then decided to go another. I can't think of the reason for having two types, it just creates confusion.
I'll just quote my own post, a mere 2 posts above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
The one with charges is the old version. They changed it to be 20 separate items instead of 1 with 20 charges so that it was easier to put them up on the exchange and not scam people by putting up a turret with 1/20 charges left, or to vendor them for full price after almost using it up.

They didn't change or get rid of any old versions you might have though. They still work the same, you just can't get the old 20 charge ones anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
I'll just quote my own post, a mere 2 posts above...
Except those should never should have made it to live - they were changed weeks before S5 launch on Tribble. Looks like Heretic may have put the old version back in when he fixed some of the broken assignments that were giving 1 instead of 20.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Except those should never should have made it to live - they were changed weeks before S5 launch on Tribble. Looks like Heretic may have put the old version back in when he fixed some of the broken assignments that were giving 1 instead of 20.
We don't know when they were changed, actually. Heretic mentioned the change here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=240928

But only said they were 'in the pipeline'. Checking the patch notes, I don't see it mentioned, so I think it was an undocumented change. And definitely for the first while, a lot of the missions give ones with 20 charges still, as I have a fair number of them.

Only recently did Heretic track down a bug that was causing some people to only get 1 with 1 charge each.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=248386
And you can tell from that thread that people were used to 20 charges being the norm.