Lt. Commander
# 61
01-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Can we go back to a pay to play structure WITHOUT daily maintenance?

Every day the servers are down I think, "Why should I pay for stuff in the C-Store if 25% to 50% of the times I try to login the game is offline???
Lt. Commander
Spock: Ahh, Mr. Scott, I understand you’re having difficulty with the warp drive. How much time do you require for repair?
Scotty: There’s nothing wrong with the bloody thing!
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Ernest
what "Majority" the times continue to be a bother for us players in the US. Everytime they do maintence its at the best times for me to get on.

You are but ONE person thats "winging" from ( I belive you are in US ) ,,, hmmm now lets go through the pages here and see how many EU players are winging bout the DT ????? ....... Drrrrrrr.....

All I will say is I'm not exactly over the moon about the down time but if its NEEDED then fine just a bummer that its at a time that doesnt fit in for My time on STO ......

Must admit if it was at the same time as Eve does there DT I could except it alot better , and as I remember from players I knew back on Eve that lived in US Eve's DT was at a fairly good time for both EU and US ,, maybe the "peeps" could have alook into that and think about trying those times out,, would more than likely be alot more accepted by the STO community !!!
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-22-2012, 08:47 AM
If you subscribed to a cable TV service and it was out of action 1 to 2 hours a day, every day, would you be happy about it? I pay more for STO than I do for my TV so I think the comparison is valid. Do you think it would remain like that for long?

We don't all sit and play STO all day anymore than we watch TV all day but it is sod's law that it will be off when we do get the time and in the UK on a Sunday afternoon it is unacceptable unless it is some sort of emergency.
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinead
Spoken like someone who lives in the States,go figure
Quiet you. If it wasn't for Yanks you would be typing in German.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinos View Post
That would make too much sense to do.
Wait, you're not mad? But you don't live in the U.S.? According to the Q Qers if you don't live in the states you're supposed to be mad, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-22-2012, 08:51 AM
how many more restarts
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksol80 View Post
Quiet you. If it wasn't for Yanks you would be typing in German.
Wait! What did you just say? Oh never mind, I realise now what your getting at. Still, I was about 3 years quicker realising than most Yanks what the right thing to do is :p
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N5XTR View Post
It is down.
Now, all of you go take a shower....you know you need one.
The best thing about the "daily maintenance mission"? Quotes like this one!

Just made my rainy European afternoon
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-22-2012, 09:03 AM
I think it's best for them to ad two more server(s) (clusters).

Keep the current one as a central server and ad a us and a eu version to spread to load( number of connections) more evenly and schedual any downtime accordingly to server location.
Lt. Commander
# 70 Maintenance Complete!
01-22-2012, 09:05 AM
The maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience.
Closed Thread