Lt. Commander
# 101
01-22-2012, 10:32 AM
[quote=DresnikWe can all start this discussion yet again during tomorrows down time! [/QUOTE]

Deal. Got to have something to do while they are rebooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey79 View Post
Glad I could help, I love fact finding missions, they are so much fun
Oh, definitely. I didn't even bash you for using Wikipedia. Some people love to do that.
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Starrs
why not it works for both our legal systems
Let's not go there.
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
Fact is even your own source said 'USUALLY'

Fact is you're now blocked.
Yep and usually means:
Most of the time or under normal conditions

That just means you are abnormal.
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I still fail to see how it's possible to have LESS players during European prime time than? US has thousands of 6AM players? Are you getting your information from Baghdad Bob?

Everyone asking people to stop complaining here should start taking a 1-3 hour break during their prime time every day as a gesture of good will. No? I thought so.
Seriously dude? Do you not understand the idea behind non-peak hour maintenance? While it may be primetime for JimmyBob and Sally; that doesn't mean that it's the best and/or worst time for the mait. They have said multiple times that they look at the UU login charts and plan their mait when the least amount of UU's tend to be on. They have said multiple times(feel free to search) that if these play patterns were ever changed they would probably change the mait times as well.
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
Yep and usually means:
Most of the time or under normal conditions

That just means you are abnormal.
Thanks Hornet for pointing that out.

And for my next linkage....

The one referring to his comment of most people have had dinner by 2pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambridge Dictionaries Online
the main meal of the day, usually the meal you eat in the evening but sometimes, in Britain, the meal eaten in the middle of the day
I have more information regarding Kazakh and its use in Europe, in relation to another post, but I will save that
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Seriously dude? Do you not understand the idea behind non-peak hour maintenance?
Not really. I do remember a course about expanding your market though. It's like they don't even want more european players. Strange how no one has sourced the claim yet. If they constantly talk about it it shouldn't be hard.
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaron666 View Post
Here you guys are in this thread moaning about not being able to play STO 'coz of it's downtime, yet when it's back up you are having a pointless argument in the forums and not playing the game

WOW..........i mean just.........WOW
Blah. What's the point. It's party time.
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Not really. I do remember a course about expanding your market though. It's like they don't even want more european players.
So what you are saying is that due to having recently started doing daily 1 hour mait; that it's either a) making them lose players or b) keeping new players from joining. I've yet to see any metric that provides any relevant information to that; would you like to provide some? I'm not saying that it hasn't but you sure seem stalwart on as if it's causing an actual loss of revenue; rather then just a small number of vocall community members crying about it. Which btw, if you didn't know the whopping 100~ UU's whose posted their dislike with it, is a very very minsiscule percentage of the overall population of not only the entire game as a whole but also the population of the active forum users. Good try though?
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-22-2012, 12:14 PM
It is the number one goal for the programming team right now to stop doing daily restarts. We have people working nights and weekends(myself included) until this gets fixed. It requires some restructuring of the code in our database that handles saving of character updates to disk, so needless to say we are being careful and testing thoroughly. We are pushing updates to Tribble once or twice a day and running artificial load tests internally.

I'm not going to make a promise for when exactly it will be, but I wanted to let you know that we are taking it seriously and are making good progress toward reducing the number of required restarts.
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Good try though?
It's not just a try. I can play whenever I want at the moment but I've been trying to get few more friends to try out STO now that it's free.

I appreciate the post Rehpic. I really hope you get that sorted out soon.
Closed Thread